Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Another Newbie & Advise What To Order
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM,
Another Newbie & Advise What To Order
Hi I am from UK, I need advise on what density to order and what style :
This last Picture is when I had Hairs about 2 years ago, with the original style.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-05-2012, 04:00 PM,
RE: Another Newbie & Advise What To Order
I would advise you to let your hair grow at the sides & back a bit longer.
This will help with blending and give a better idea of the density.
They look quite thin as they are but that could be because of the lighting and how short they are.
The hair also looks quite coarse. Is it?
Does it curl or frizz when its longer?
What sort of style are you aiming for with a hair piece?
Would you want it swept back like in the last picture?
The answer to that would determine what base and hair direction you should have.
It looks like it naturally wants to come forward.
I would recommend a short brushed forward cropped hairstyle to begin with.
This would be easier to maintain and be a more natural transgression from as it is now to longer hair as in your last picture.
I would make your template around the hairline you currently have because it suits you.
Your temples haven't receded and your 'peaks' above then are still quite low on your scalp.
To achieve this picture below you would want about a 55% density in a black hair colour (1B) with forward ventilation.
I don't know about curl or wave for you as I can't tell from your picture. But the attached picture would be at least a body wave.
Because the style below doesn't expose the hair line, you could have a poly skin base.
You could also go for a lace base. With this style base choice would be dependant upon your preferences & lifestyle.
I've also attached some pics of your template area.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-05-2012, 10:50 PM,
I`d more or less agree with Hersute there but with maybe a few extra little points/suggestion......I think firstly, there`s no point in ordering a system for this man with the standard 6-inch hair length [not that it was mentioned above] but just like to point out that it`s obvious that he`s going to have to wear his hair short to match his growing hair...can be tricky to do with systems, as it exposes the base so much to visual `scrutiny`.....3-inches would be more than enough. I`m suggesting he might possibly keep that little front bit of his growing hair [pic 1] and have the front of the system sitting immediately behind it....might be worth doing ..or he might just like to make a `clean-break` of it and shave it off....what do others think --is it a worthwhile option? In relation to colour... `1b` is ``off-black`` ...it looks `black`on first delivery [usually] and it`s what I used to wear....after a while/oxidation it is quite visible in natural light as a shade of brown.....he`d be better off going for a `1`[black] I think. I think too that he should go for a very light density for his first system..he can `step-up`on the next one BUT be aware that with such a light density, if shedding becomes an issue early on, he`ll need a replacement to hand fast ! It might be an idea to order 2 systems at the same time..one with the lighter `starter`density..this will help him `transition` without too many raised-eyebrows among people who know him. I was involved with making a template for a person last year who had a similar hair loss pattern... he went 45% for the first system [and even that needed a bit of thinning when it arrived !] but he was conscious of the `reaction`of work-colleagues etc. and also had a large up-coming social event he needed to attend, where people who hadn`t seen him for quite a while would be ---- he pulled it off very successfully. He`s since moved on to his 2nd system with higher density. By the way ,he also has black hair and was going to order `1b` until I put one of my old toppers [1b] up against his own hair..he could immediately see the colour-difference, so he want for `1`. In terms of `wave` for this potential new wearer.... I guess he`d be best to get some kind of `wave` even if it`s only body-wave but the fact that the hair will be cut pretty short will kind of `cancel`it out to a degree as it will be cut so short, but I think `straight`hair would be too `obvious` against his growing hair...so I`d order at least a body wave. In pic 2 I suggest he order a `swirl` to imitate his own natural swirl..the pics should be enclosed with the order to show the factory what he needs..... in pic 3 just a suggestion as to the area he should `take -in` with his system......I agree with Hersute too in that he should leave his sides grow out--- need not be much but a little will help with the blend-in with the system..... back to density---a 45% Toplace density is the equivalent of 60% on some `other` suppliers..... it varies and is hard to give a precise figure...I think a light density [45%] would help `ease`him into this wearing-world.
As to ventilation , hmmm, I think a forward-from-crown [swirl area] would work and also, I`d go French lace for his first one ..it`s a bit more robust than Swiss and will mean he can be a bit `rougher`with it....skin[poly] is of course another option, but is less breathable..... I think a poly perimeter would be `risky`with a light density as it could be visible through the thinner hair-density...the `line` could be obvious.
P.S. -- With any kind of thin/light density it`s essential that ALL knots are properly bleached by the factory.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2012, 12:20 AM,
Well thanks for everyone's reply, I was thinking of a little different and wanted to bring my hairline a little further up since I am only 22 years old and with my current hairline, I look way older than that. So I have attached pictures of the kind of hairline and system I want.

The last picture is the sort of style I am looking for, just to mention that my hairloss began very quickly perhaps I would say I have lost most of my hairs in the last year and a half of so and since then I have been using toppik and other stuff to cover them up so people have no idea that I am pretty bald even my brother, so I dont think going for a higher density would be a problem for me.

Please advise what I need to do to get the style in the last picture as that was sort of my original style when I had hairs.

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

01-06-2012, 12:48 AM,
In the last pic now , that shows an exposed front hair-line so it will be necessary to get Swiss lace for the front...the style and hair length would be a bit of a stark leap from your present condition ..even though you use concealers, the hair is quite short..... I`d `transition` gradually if I were you .... your present sides are too thin to get away with that fuller look as in the last pic there. .... you can easily see that guy has good thick/er hair at his temples ..your temples are much thinner...... if you`re going to go for a higher density at the start, you`ll definitely need to leave the sides come `out`[grow] more or it will not be possible to get an `invisible`blend ...... I posted pics on the other thread where the new chap was looking for advice--it shows a 55% density on me ....might give you an idea of how it might fit in with your plans.
01-06-2012, 05:23 AM,
I totally agree with Paul.
I know that your template area looks like only a few millimetres bigger, but you would be surprised what a HUGE difference it would make to your appearance.
To lower your hairline to that extent with the sides & temples being not as thick as they could be, could look VERY noticeable and unbalanced.
The more of your own hair you can incorporate, the easier you are making it on yourself to wear.
You are luckier than many wearers because you have a relatively dense area right at the front of your hairline.
Getting & exposing a convincing hairline with a piece is possible, but also one of the most time consuming aspects of wearing.
You could avoid all that by using Paul's suggestion of having a lace front BEHIND that thatch of hair.
If its still not the look you want, you could always progress to a lower hairline in the future.