Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need suggestion from a handy, mechanical person
01-05-2012, 05:21 AM,
RE: need suggestion from a handy, mechanical person
Thanks Paul and Johnny! Those were great suggestions. I tried using the teeth from a spare clipper guard to add to the length on my 1.5 inch guard. It came out a bit messy, but it should get the job done. I want to try again though. I think I am going to buy and cut up some plastic Pick up Sticks (a game played by children) and use those instead of the stirrers Paul mentioned---I would order the stirrers if I lived in the U.K. I can't find something equivalent in the U.S. without enormous shipping charges.

By the way, I am completely confused as to how the clipper guards work to achieve the lengths they say they achieve. For example, when I attach the 1.5 inch guard and then measure the distance from the end of the guard to the blade, I measure 2.5 inches. But it actually cuts to 1.5 inches. Does anyone understand how this works?
Ohio Guy,
The Robocut and Flowbee are great, but they are noisy. Also, you can only cut up to half an inch at a time---this means it is slow in cutting 6 inch hair to 2 inches.

Messages In This Thread
RE: need suggestion from a handy, mechanical person - dino1 - 01-05-2012, 05:21 AM