Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet look - what do you recommend
01-02-2012, 05:53 AM,
Wet look - what do you recommend
I use ORWG in front and supertape for poly on back and sides.

I was looking at these forums for product recommendations and found quite a few products for leave-on conditioner - Enhance, It's a 10 being the most recommended.

Can Paul or anyone also suggest anything for wet /gel look in spray form. I read somewhere that WaxWorks is good but not good for someone who uses Glue and should be used if you are using tape only.

Please share your experience with wet look styling products.
01-03-2012, 12:50 PM,
RE: Wet look - what do you recommend
That's strange....I have never heard of anyone having problems with Waxworks. I've tried lots of different products and I use tape and glue and never had a bonding issue. I wouldn't even see how it is possible unless you are somehow soaking the hair causing the product to run down on the base.
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM,
I can't find the thread but I read somewhere that Waxworks is oil based and that oil gets to lace at night and loosens glue. So, I was skeptical and asked what people are using and recommend using.

Do you use WaxWorks and does it wok well ? Does it make hairs dry ?

I have been weaning for little while but have used leave-on conditioner all the time and never tried wet look.
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM,
For a wet look I find that Brylcreem is the best styling product. Because its oil based it also helps to hydrate the hair and make it look shinier and healthier. However it does build up and can be very greasy as well so it's recommended to only use a small portion
01-03-2012, 03:39 PM,
I'm just going to put this out there and you can make of it what you will!...

KY Jelly.
It really works on hair!

If you don't want to use that, Pomades are good for getting the wet-look and are usually water based, so easy to clean and no oils to attack the glue.

Here's something from a Mens Grooming site:

"Pomades: These products can be either water or wax based and are used to add shine while maintaining a pliable hold. A pomade will give a wet, shiny look and is a great option for a sleek, well groomed style. This product is also great for shorter, texturized styles where shine is desired and can also give shine and separation to long hair. Most pomades can be too aggressive for fine hair and can make it look greasy and limp. To properly use a pomade, apply a small amount to the palm of your hand and rub them together until your hands get warm. Work the product through slightly damp to dry hair. I recommend washing this product out of your hair before bedtime as excessive accumulation of the product can clog pores and harm the scalp."

There is also some good information on traditional products that are good for wet-look:
http://artofmanliness.com/2011/02/16/you...ant-shine/
01-03-2012, 08:34 PM,
I`ve never used these, but have seen posts here referring to `Paul Mitchell Waxworks` [ I think Xeon005 has used /posted on this so maybe he can clarify if this is the one]
http://www.lookfantastic.com/paul-mitche...04253.html Some other products made by the same people here [ but I have no experience of them]
http://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/paul...inish.list and a link to a recent post from a wearer on here who was using it.... http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread....l+waxworks
My only reservations in using such things as pomades is they can and do build-up and you then end up shampooing frequently /`strongly`to remove them as they can end up leaving the hair looking lifeless from the build-up.... it`s always a balancing-act between getting the look you`d like and the downsides of using such products.....some of those other `sprays` look pretty good....this one has silicone in it which WILL give huge shine to any hair...this one might be better from the fact that it`s not `heavy / oily` http://www.lookfantastic.com/paul-mitche...47542.html
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM,
Couple of weeks now been using a pomade by G2BG, purchased at Walmart. (got2beglued)
Very pleased with it!
Shine, wet look, makes the hair feel and look soft and healthy.
johnny/abq
01-04-2012, 07:49 AM,
I’ve only ever used gel, wet look and normal, max hold, not the spray in type.
it was actually a pleasure, as my natural receding hair is naturally wirey, and any moisture and it just curls up i detested it, maybe it knew i detested it so left my head permanently.
but seriously, I looked @ guys with straight shiny hair, now im one of emm, and the icing on the cake is you know your hairs goanna look bloody fantastic, with today’s modern products on emm.
if only wearing was more acceptted thered be a whole more happiness around

anty Smile
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM,
(01-03-2012, 02:03 PM)sxs1004 Wrote: I can't find the thread but I read somewhere that Waxworks is oil based and that oil gets to lace at night and loosens glue. So, I was skeptical and asked what people are using and recommend using.

Do you use WaxWorks and does it wok well ? Does it make hairs dry ?

I have been weaning for little while but have used leave-on conditioner all the time and never tried wet look.

I wouldn't worry about it loosening the bond. I have used it for quite awhile without a problem, and it does not dry out the hair.

Tip- if you are using waxworks (and possibly some other wax based styling products) and want a shinier look, apply it to dry hair.
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM,
I thinks the one with the red lid is the one I`ve seen guys posting-about in the past..there`s one there with a black lid ..seems like the same thing but there must be some slight difference ?
http://www.nextag.com/paul-mitchell-dry-wax/stores-html