Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine!
08-22-2009, 03:20 PM,
Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine!
Which do you prefer and why!?
08-22-2009, 03:37 PM,
Re: Tape War: Blue Liner vs Super Tape vs Walker No Shine!
People on the forum have moaned about how blue liner breaks down really harshly after a week and its difficult to clean off even though you get a good bond.

SuperTape gave me a constant itch

Walker no shine doesn't make me itch on its own and gives me a lasting bond for up to two weeks unless ive done something ridiculously strenous a few times in a week. So personally for me its no shine mate.
08-22-2009, 04:58 PM,
I've only tried Blue Liner so far. I do notice it gets kinda gooey... but the clean up really isn't that awful. I did itch a tiny bit with Blue Liner, but nothing awful.

What does everyone else think!?

Was ST-30 that much better than everything else?
08-22-2009, 08:47 PM,
i like supertape it gets me a far longer last .as danger89 says the blue breaks down quick. i have not used the walker no shine yet
08-22-2009, 09:17 PM,
Was ST-30 that much better than everything else?

Yes, yes , yes and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam
08-22-2009, 09:37 PM,
Super tape is the hands down winner for me.

Problem with st 30 was no contours and, as discussed on previous forum, it absorbed water and would puff like a sponge.

Tapes pretty much the same as glues, different results for each person.
08-23-2009, 12:37 PM,
never tried blue liner and although i have supertape, i have not tried it. walker contours so far have worked for me as well as st-30. left on 3-4 weeks-- 2-3 shampooings-- no lift whatsoever-- no residue of any kind left on lace. much easier to apply being contours and backing much easier to remove. walker comes off easier with 91% alcohol than st-30. keep in mind i have a real hairline so can't speak on exposing hailine with walker vs st-30.
08-24-2009, 04:16 AM,
well for me ST-30 didnt live up to all the praise for some reason. The super tape is working fine for me and the cleanup is actually better than ST-30.The bue tape actually held up fine for me but its a nusisance cleaning I havent tried the walker tape yet but will give it a try soon.
08-24-2009, 05:37 AM,
I would probably say blue liner tape. I think it looks the best because it is the thinnest, and i think its the strongest tape. The only problem is the cleanup, but i dont wear it that long, so thats not too much of an issue for me.
08-24-2009, 11:10 AM,
bill416 Wrote:well for me ST-30 didnt live up to all the praise for some reason. The super tape is working fine for me and the cleanup is actually better than ST-30.

Completely agree.

Of course tapes, like glues, will vary widely.