Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dye a piece
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM,
RE: Dye a piece
Paris..what Hersute meant was that the hair on your system is `Darker`than what you want/need to match with your growing-hair [even though it`s blonde] He meant you`d have to `bleach` it first to remove the present level of blonde, and then dye it to what you need....in other words, applying a dye/colourant to it as it presently is, will not lighten the colour to what you want. Did you send in a sample of your hair with your order ? I think blonde/fair hair can be tricky for any factory to match exactly , due to there being so many shades of blonde.
Bleaching hair weakens it, so I was suggesting the fabric-dye remover as it may be a bit more `gentle` on the hair ... I really don`t know what they use to make the hair blonde--whether it`s a fabric-dye, or chemicals like `Koleston perfect`..... when I referred to a `weak`solution of fabric dye remover I simply meant add a little water to it to `weaken`it a bit, and see if that is enough to lighten the colour for you --but just try it on a small area of hair to see how it behaves. Creme Peroxide has to be mixed with the colourant to make it work.....it is the `catalyst` which makes the paste actually work/ change into the colour.... just applying the paste in the tube to hair [unmixed] would not have any effect on it.
I think the easiest solution to your present issue would be just get a colour which will match your system`s colour and apply it to your growing hair in order to `darken`it down so it matches your system.....it will eventually lighten again , but so will your system from oxidation/sun-exposure so it will look blonder than it is now ..... I know it`s not ideal, but I really do think it will be a far more practical and much easier solution than `going at`the system....it will be FAR easier to `deepen`your growing hair rather than trying to `lighten`a system........ for your next system, maybe order a very `light`blonde and then you can indeed `deepen` the colour easily if it`s too light [it`s always easier to deepen a colour, no matter what it is, rather than try to lighten one].... I don`t know what shade you ordered this time or if you actually sent in a hair-sample, but there is obviously a colour-difference which is obvious to you.....hope that helps.
PS --- I asked a Salon-owner I used to go to, and before I ever attempted my own `at-home` colouring, what I should do if I went too `dark`/ `deep` with the colour--how would/could I get it lighter again..she told me they applied Creme Peroxide to the hair as it has a bleaching/lightening effect and `watered-down`the newly-applied colour...... I NEVER tried it and I only post it here for information .... I CANNOT say what effect it might have if you try it..... it might be worth a try on a very small area of hair and see what effect it has [if any] I guess it depends on what product has been used to originally dye the hair at the factory...my guess is it might not have any effect on a fabric dye, but who knows?

Messages In This Thread
Dye a piece - Paris - 12-31-2011, 11:43 PM
RE: Dye a piece - Hair Scare - 01-01-2012, 06:10 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Paul In Ireland - 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Hersute - 01-01-2012, 08:20 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Paris - 01-02-2012, 07:50 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Paul In Ireland - 01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Hersute - 01-02-2012, 10:12 AM
RE: Dye a piece - Paris - 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM