Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dye a piece
12-31-2011, 11:43 PM,
Dye a piece
Hi,
so yesterday i tried to dye my piece ( in blond) to get a better match with my hair, i tried to do it as i read on a guide a few weeks ago ( not putting color on the lace) and follow i think it was Paul advice which said to let only half the time the color...
then i wash the piece let it dry but... the color hasn't change at all... not even a bit.....
do i have to use a special brand because i just bought a color at a woman store in the supermarket...something basic "L'oreal"
my piece is really much darker than my hair ( i got blond hair) so i really need to dye the piece...
to i have to try another brand ? do you have some name ? leave the color the full time ? (any risk for the piece ? )

thanks a lot
01-01-2012, 06:10 AM,
RE: Dye a piece
You can't dye a dark piece a lighter color unless you use bleach. I would say it would probably be easier to dye your own hair darker. Am I understanding you right? Your hair is lighter than the piece right?
01-01-2012, 07:22 AM,
Hi Paris, just to clarify a few points, and then make a few suggestions.
I`ve never used light/fair/blonde colours when I wore Toppers and needed to re-colour my [faded] system-hair to again match the shade of my growing hair, because my own is a dark brown and system colour was `1b`[ off-black/brown] so the colour I was using was very dark. I hope someone who wears fair/blonde hair can give you some help / tips on what`s worked for them. I never used those `basic`items/products that you mention, which are freely-available.... I used Salon-grade compound and peroxide mixed.... the advise not to leave the dark colour on the hair for too long is because they can go too `deep`very quickly and look much darker than the growing hair, and it`s best to avoid that. However, in the case of what you need/want which is to make a fair/blonde colour `lighter`, my guess [and it IS a guess] would be to leave it on longer then you would with a darker mix because you`re trying to `lighten`the colour rather than deepen it, so it will probably take time for that shade to take effect..... again, as with issues guys have when trying to bleach Knots, depending on what way the factory made the hair `blonde`, may affect your efforts...did they use fabric-dye or `normal` colouring compound.... I`m wondering would a `weak`solution of fabric -dye remover help to lighten the colour without using actual colouring solution? Maybe if you try it out on a very small area and see what if any effect it has ? I think lighter colours and shades of blonde can be hard to get matching, as there are so many `in between`shades. If you want to re-try a `normal ` colouring product, go for one like `Wella Koleston` ....it`s important to get the nearest one [as far as you can judge] to what you want, obviously. Have a look at this ----there are 7 cartons ..hover your mouse/cursor over each one......a `list`opens alongside the individual box as you hover...click on one of the colours listed which you think might be suitable--it will appear in the box to the right..... the number in the box is the colour-number which you need to buy or order on line so you get that colour. I find looking at colours on a screen very very tricky to really `` see``....... maybe if you ask a stylist in a women`s hair salon what number would you order so that you get a match for your growing hair....... http://www.wella.com.ph/kolestonshades.html# just hover the cursor over the lists and you`ll get the little picture of it and the shade-number . Have a look at the `Amazon UK ` site [I think there is a French `Amazon`site too ?] as you should be able to order from it http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c...on+perfect There are several pages with various shades available .....if you`re buying that item, you`ll need Creme Peroxide too...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c...creme+pero I think the 9% one is best. You simply squeeze out a length of paste from the tube into a glass bowl , in a straight line. Pour out an equal `length` of peroxide alongside it in the bowl. Mix the two together until you have a smooth [no lumps] paste and apply that to the hair as soon as it`s mixed...... you`ll have to `experiment` a bit with the timing/s ..... I`m afraid I can`t give you any exact guidance on this because , as I said, I have never used the lighter colours so maybe someone who has can chip in with a few tips.
P.S. I think what Hair Scare suggested would probably be easier..your growing hair would be easier to make a little darker / tone-down [using the Koleston] because in effect the system hair needs `bleaching` as he suggested and which is why I mentioned the possibility of using a [weak] solution of fabric-dye remover ---to help lighten the factory-made colour of the system hair....it would be much more straightforward to `treat`your growing hair.
01-01-2012, 08:20 AM,
Hairscare is right.
You won't be able to dye dark hair blonde just by using a blonde colourant.
You would have to bleach the dark hair first to lighten it and then use something like the l'oreal to get it to the shade of blonde you want.

Its always easier to buy a piece lighter than your own hair and make it darker than the other way around.
I think hairscare's suggestion of dying your own natural hair darker to match the piece is your best advice.
Colour eventually fades from a piece as would your own hair (if you dyed it).
The two could fade together and then you could tackle it better.
01-02-2012, 07:50 AM,
Thank you to all of you
More questions, i didn't understand everything ( english is not my native language)
just for information my piece is not dark it is blond but not blond enough for my hair...

to paul : where do i find " [weak] solution of fabric-dye remover" to try this solution ?
and what is Creme Peroxide for ? just to mix with the wella color ?

to Hairscare and Hersute : what does "bleach the dark hair first " mean ? how do i do this ?

So for my next piece it is better for me to order a very light blond (or even white ) hair and dye the piece with the color i want ( which i buy in the store ? )
thanks a lot guys
happy new year 2012 to evryone
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM,
Paris..what Hersute meant was that the hair on your system is `Darker`than what you want/need to match with your growing-hair [even though it`s blonde] He meant you`d have to `bleach` it first to remove the present level of blonde, and then dye it to what you need....in other words, applying a dye/colourant to it as it presently is, will not lighten the colour to what you want. Did you send in a sample of your hair with your order ? I think blonde/fair hair can be tricky for any factory to match exactly , due to there being so many shades of blonde.
Bleaching hair weakens it, so I was suggesting the fabric-dye remover as it may be a bit more `gentle` on the hair ... I really don`t know what they use to make the hair blonde--whether it`s a fabric-dye, or chemicals like `Koleston perfect`..... when I referred to a `weak`solution of fabric dye remover I simply meant add a little water to it to `weaken`it a bit, and see if that is enough to lighten the colour for you --but just try it on a small area of hair to see how it behaves. Creme Peroxide has to be mixed with the colourant to make it work.....it is the `catalyst` which makes the paste actually work/ change into the colour.... just applying the paste in the tube to hair [unmixed] would not have any effect on it.
I think the easiest solution to your present issue would be just get a colour which will match your system`s colour and apply it to your growing hair in order to `darken`it down so it matches your system.....it will eventually lighten again , but so will your system from oxidation/sun-exposure so it will look blonder than it is now ..... I know it`s not ideal, but I really do think it will be a far more practical and much easier solution than `going at`the system....it will be FAR easier to `deepen`your growing hair rather than trying to `lighten`a system........ for your next system, maybe order a very `light`blonde and then you can indeed `deepen` the colour easily if it`s too light [it`s always easier to deepen a colour, no matter what it is, rather than try to lighten one].... I don`t know what shade you ordered this time or if you actually sent in a hair-sample, but there is obviously a colour-difference which is obvious to you.....hope that helps.
PS --- I asked a Salon-owner I used to go to, and before I ever attempted my own `at-home` colouring, what I should do if I went too `dark`/ `deep` with the colour--how would/could I get it lighter again..she told me they applied Creme Peroxide to the hair as it has a bleaching/lightening effect and `watered-down`the newly-applied colour...... I NEVER tried it and I only post it here for information .... I CANNOT say what effect it might have if you try it..... it might be worth a try on a very small area of hair and see what effect it has [if any] I guess it depends on what product has been used to originally dye the hair at the factory...my guess is it might not have any effect on a fabric dye, but who knows?
01-02-2012, 10:12 AM,
STEP 1: you need something like this to lighten the hair piece & bleach it:
ETAPE 1: vous avez besoin quelque chose comme cela pour alléger le morceau de cheveux et blanchir:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Riche-Directions...B003A4KC4C

STEP 2: you need to dye the hair piece to match the colour of your own hair, something like this:
ÉTAPE 2: vous avez besoin de teindre le morceau de cheveux pour correspondre à la couleur de vos cheveux propres, quelque chose comme ceci:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LOreal-Permanent...796&sr=1-4
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM,
thanks a lot guys i'm going to try this
my 2 next piece have just been order with a 22R (dull blond told me john..)

Yes i actually sent a sample of my hair for the first piece and then another one for the second but doesn't match good enought...
and i want to wear soon so i m starting to fin the thing i need to do.
thx you guys