Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
what route would you take if you were rich?
12-31-2011, 09:44 AM,
what route would you take if you were rich?
silly off topic question.. if you were a millionaire .. how would you treat your hairloss.. would you do the same thing now.. would you try something else? i was thinking.. all hairloss options seem to suck but hairsystems.. but what if you got that hair tattoo pigmentation treatment than got transplants after on top of that..i think the results could be promising..
transplants alone woudn't surfice.. but with a perm concealer with it .. i think proper coverage would be achievable
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM,
RE: what route would you take if you were rich?
the same route as Wayne Rooney, without a doubt. £30,000 and he looks 10 years younger? ill have a bit of that thanks
12-31-2011, 11:51 AM,
(12-31-2011, 09:44 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: if you got that hair tattoo pigmentation treatment than got transplants after on top of that..i think the results could be promising..
transplants alone woudn't surfice.. but with a perm concealer with it .. i think proper coverage would be achievable

You wouldn't have the problems associated with using a non permanent concealer but that doesn't mean the result would visually be any better than most transplants look that use a concealer.
Looking down or from the front the results might look ok, but sideways on it would still look 'see-thru'.

Likewise having £30,000 isn't the most important factor in getting good transplant results. But it is the only certainty.
The important factors are the ones that the client has no control over and surgeon cannot guarantee.
That means you have to have not just £30,000 to spend, you have to have £30,000 that you can afford to potentially throw away.
12-31-2011, 12:22 PM,
I would transplant a hairline and would hire artist which are covering the rest with a system.
12-31-2011, 12:38 PM,
I would go the transplant route. If you spend money to get the most experienced doctor, results are much more likely. Celebs with the money go that route more than hair systems from what I've read. And it would be nice to have real growing hair instead of gluing hair to my scalp with the constant stigma of toupees and rugs floating around. Just my dreams. haha.
12-31-2011, 02:06 PM,
I spent £24,000 on transplants and £3,000 on a scalp reduction.
Believe me, transplants are NOT the guaranteed success people think they are.
Nothing went wrong and I was considered a good candidate.
The surgeon was pleased with the results.
I was not.
Its just not the head of hair you think it will be.
Fine if you were in-filling thinning hair, but too sparse & spaced for a bald area.
They just can't pack them in close enough.
Anyone thinking of doing this MUST meet transplant patients in person, and get first-hand information before deciding.
NO pictures will EVER tell you the full story.
12-31-2011, 02:14 PM,
i think transplants suck quite frankly..especially for very bald men.. what i dont understand is that they could use body hair and beard hair to fill in.. so why then haven't seen anyone with a transplant getting a ton of density.. is it the money? Or they simple can't use that many hairs in close proximity to each other.. it appears the results are very whispy and flimsy regardless. I saw one case a guy who was like a norwood 6 and they did a super session on him with body hair etc.. he looked pretty good, but very very thin and balding look in the back and all over very thin.. He had it cut short.. so i think if he had a concealer underneath it would actually h ave looked good.
12-31-2011, 05:10 PM,
How is the Hair Multiplication ( cloning ) coming along? Last I heard its not commercially available. I do know they take test patients ;P
12-31-2011, 05:44 PM,
I thought about that hair tattoo thing, and what happens when you start to go gray? You're screwed with a dark colored tattoo underneath.

I think ultimately I'm gonna do a front hairline transplant thats pretty thick and wear a system behind it.
12-31-2011, 06:25 PM,
If i was rich ,it would cover the cost of a repair. Not sure if you can repair 2 flap surgeries though, the rest of the money i would track down the s**t who did the surgery and perform the same on him without anesthesia..