Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Pics
01-30-2012, 08:23 AM,
RE: Facebook Pics
I like Hersute's suggestion. You have to proudly own this or it won't work. I really despise the idea of lying/acting about something like this, because in truth I have very valid reasons for wearing and I don't feel critical of myself for doing it, but at the same time it needs to look very natural, otherwise I have a problem. I'd honestly rather people know and show them that I like it and don't care (but this depends on if it looks really natural or not). Otherwise there's no point in wearing (for me anyway).

Sigh... I'm actually going through this exact facebook scenario right now and I'm feeling really weird about it. I've had only one picture of me on my facebook page, and it's me with a shaved head. However, my shaved head looks like I have hair (from transplants). Most people I'm sure just think I shaved my head for some weird reason, possibly hairloss, but I don't think anyone would conclude that outright since I do look like I have hair with the 5-o'clock shadow thing. Anyway, Friday night I went to some pub with a mate. We met up with two girls (not necessarily a dating thing, just to hang out and watch a band that one of the girls was in). Anyway, this was the first night out since I got my full cap cut in and going. Last week I went to work and one person said, "wow, look at all that hair, on your face, your head, everywhere". I just made a joke and gracefully segwayed into another subject. It wasn't that big of a deal since I had been wearing a hat for months and recently started growing a beard. I was happy that everything at work seemed fine and that I got over that first 'hump' with the new 'me'. Anyway, back to the other night. At one point one of the girls wanted to take a picture of me and my mate with one of the girls in between us. I didn't really get to see the pic at the time (part of me didn't want to due to nervousness about cameras/lighting etc, and part of me didn't want to appear too concerned either). Well... the next morning the picture was on Facebook. Thankfully I had recently made it so any picture I'm tagged in needs to be approved by me before it appears on my wall, so the only people who can see it right now are her friends (and we only have 3 mutual friends who I don't care about). When I saw the pic I freaked. It just looks too obvious to me. The color looks stark and monotone in the pic, and the hair thick and high. I do think it looks more realistic in person, but this camera stuff with the flash has got me freaking that it screams "hair piece!". I'm going to post it right now so you guys can give me honest feedback. I still have not approved the pic, I don't think I want to, I know at least one girl who is sassy enough to say something like, "woah, where did you get that hair? I don't even recognise you." I really don't want to discuss my hair on facebook. Ugh.

Anyway, here are two pics, one of me with the shaved head that's on fb and the other is from the other night - the one I'm freaking about. I know it's hard to tell because these aren't high quality pics, but anyway...

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Facebook Pics - justin sane - 12-27-2011, 01:24 AM
RE: Facebook Pics - snell - 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM
RE: Facebook Pics - JamesKennedy - 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - Xeon005 - 12-31-2011, 02:52 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - justin sane - 12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - Ruulkasar - 12-28-2011, 08:35 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - kevinme - 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - Hersute - 12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
RE: Facebook Pics - expriest - 01-30-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Facebook Pics - Hersute - 01-30-2012, 09:03 AM