Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did I go wrong? (Pics inside)
08-23-2009, 03:08 AM,
Where did I go wrong? (Pics inside)
Last night I almost went for it... But then I realised on time that I wasnt going to pull it off. 2 major problems:
- Color was off (see pic 1)
- Sides where too thin for the piece (see pic 2)

When you check the pictures, keep in mind, it was not glued on and there was still an inch of hair under it. I would never go out like that, lol. I need it to be perfect before I would even decide to wear but now its FAR from perfect.

I suppose I will be adviced to go for a full cap but how do go from thin side hair to long thicker sides without anyone noticing? Doesnt seem realistic.
PS: What is the shortest that sides can be with a full cap?

The color shouldnt be a big issue and I'm sure it can be fixed.

There where the specs:
65% front
62% all the rest
Straight hair
Style: hair forward (see directions on the order sheet) & flatback spikeyfront
SFS front

With kind regards,
Pete
08-23-2009, 04:23 AM,
Re: Where did I go wrong? (Pics inside)
Density and colour mate, You need to drop the density on the sides and also on the top, But more importantly the sides and the colour and you will need a good blend when cut in.

Are you sides usually that thin ? Or did you shave them recently ?
08-23-2009, 05:39 AM,
First of all, grow your sides out for pete's sake. I think the color would be fine but your sides are so short that naturally your skin is making it look lighter. If you grew your sides out and got a nice cut in i think it would be fine. the only thing that makes it look bad is that your sides are shaved and you have a hairpiece plopped on top of a shaved head - no wonder it looks weird
08-23-2009, 05:41 AM,
Oh, and on your next order get 50% density. Your sides are thin like mine. 65% is way too high.
08-23-2009, 06:03 AM,
eupe124

i agree whateveryone else is saying .
08-23-2009, 06:15 AM,
BA:

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I'm going to work on a new template aswell to get the directions working for me because I felt that also was an issue against the blending. The thing I did love about it was the front.

Regarding the colour: How can I ensure to have the right match? I have sended in 2 hair samples in the past. The last one was indeed a better match since it didnt have any redtones. It does look matching at first sight, untill I place it in day light and then its noticable. The piece has a brown shade which my hair does not have, apart from that its perfect.

I keep my sides usually that short.

Notguilty:

Thanks for the comment. I will try to grow them out and see where it gets me but I'm not too sure about that one.

I was indeed intending to decrease the density. Do you have any pictures of your sides and blend? Thanks!

- Pete
08-23-2009, 06:32 AM,
A exact match is best attained when you colour your own hair and the edge of the piece were it meets your own hair, I do this all the time then I know I have the same colour on the piece and on my own hair.

But getting a perfect match by sending in a hair sample may need a mixture of more than one colour and I like to use a colour ring to do that and then give the percentages.
08-23-2009, 08:47 AM,
You don't need your piece to go that far down the side of your head. If you get the piece to just cover the top of your head, you would be fine. Going down that far is going to be nearly impossible to blend with short hair on the sides unless you have someone professionally cut it in and blend and fade it.

I'd definitely not go with a lighter density. 50% you're going to look like you're going bald! You're a young dude! Just get a good cut in and blend and the density you have will be fine!
08-23-2009, 09:40 AM,
Don't listen to james whatsoever. 50% does not look like you're going bald, that's nonsense. You need to match your sides, period, and if your sides are 50% or less, you're gonna need to order a piece that's 50%, end of story. JK you might have nice sides, contrats dude, but don't give the guy wrong info. The worst anyone can do is have a thick mop with thin limp side hair. That's lame
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM,
Let me just add to my previous post. If you're gonna show a lot of your sides/back hair, then go with a light density (50%). If you're gonna have a longer style where that hair doesn't really show, then go thicker. Obviously you are going for a shorter look, so go light with the density and throw JK's advice in the trash.