Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some lifting issues?
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM,
RE: Some lifting issues?
enjoy, during my experiances of meeting people and just everyday ,i see folk who would benefit from wearing,and could be so happy, content,

biggest barrier still old fashioned perception,of hair wearing,
even today when we have superb hair to adorn youre head, older men woman still wear thease old out dated "wiggs"

but i rekon its slowley changing,
the huge dfiffrence is, you have to virtualy ram it down someoneones throat that you do wear, as hair systems are that good,
comments like, ok take it off then,youre not, no ay.
what better compliment.
what better attitude changer.
and ill bet thease folk with shaved heads might think, i wonder....

i rekomn f you could get alot of folk with shaven heads ,or balding ect, mphl,
and trial a month with hair, what would the results be.....
anthony Smile
enjoy, during my experiances of meeting people and just everyday ,i see folk who would benefit from wearing,and could be so happy, content,

biggest barrier still old fashioned perception,of hair wearing,
even today when we have superb hair to adorn youre head, older men woman still wear thease old out dated "wiggs"

but i rekon its slowley changing,
the huge dfiffrence is, you have to virtualy ram it down someoneones throat that you do wear, as hair systems are that good,
comments like, ok take it off then,youre not, no ay.
what better compliment.
what better attitude changer.
and ill bet thease folk with shaved heads might think, i wonder....

i rekomn f you could get alot of folk with shaven heads ,or balding ect, mphl,
and trial a month with hair, what would the results be.....
anthony Smile
12-29-2011, 09:34 PM,
Looks like the lace came away from the glue Eric.... that 2nd-last pic there shows a crescent-shaped strip of glue clearly.... if you sweat a lot, try Oil Resistant White Glue... it`s for oily scalps so it should withstand sweating too...a lot of wearers report very good results with it including long bond duration...it`s fairly cheap too... you have the right frame of mind anyway in not throwing in the towel after one problem... the first weeks can be a real trial-and-error and you`re at your most `conscious` of every little detail too ...the slightest hitch, and panic can set in, naturally enough.... patience and being willing to try different approaches will usually lead to success...... glue can be extremely messy if you`re not very careful with it....if some gets onto any hair, just have a clean piece of cotton cloth to hand [a strip cut from an old pillow case would be ideal]...simply moisten a corner of the cloth with glue-melter and gently `pinch`the glued hair with it `behind`the glued bit and draw it out to the tips..that should remove the glue for you..you might have to do it a few times using `fresh`area of cloth until it`s all off..... prevention is always better than cure though so always keep hair well up off any wet glue. Tapes at the front can be tricky due to the curve of the perimeter and the tapes are straight lines.... you could use those `contour` tapes which are boomerang-shaped for the very front...I`ve always found them to be `fiddly` though ...I have no patience ...you get one backing bit peeled off then the other one refuses to budge and the exposed bit then crinkles up...grrrr ! lol . You have an extra pair of hands there to help you in your wife....what I suggest you do is ...see what tapes work best for/with you and maybe get some ORWG or some other glue to try out.... apply 2 little `anchor`strips of tape on each side of your system [about half an inch long] just behind the temple area. Sit your system on and position it correctly....then peel off the backing strip on each and apply/stick to the scalp...now it won`t slide/slip. Trace a light dotted line with an eyebrow pencil around your perimeter ..all the way around. then fold up your system from the back and hold it down flat onto the crown ..your wife can cut strips of tape and apply them to your scalp just inside the line.....so let`s say there are 5 or 6 strips [including the one going across at the very back]..just peel off the backing paper on each strip immediately behind your `anchor`points...fold down that part of the system onto them and press firmly.... you still have part of the system `up in the air`now--- just peel the paper off the next 2 and apply and finally the very back [cross] strip ...that`s the system held down now from temple to temple via the back....next fold the system back from the front ..again lie it flat down onto the hair behind...apply a thin layer of glue just inside your marked/dotted pencil line...maybe half an inch in width.....so you`ll be glueing temple-to-temple in a crescent shape...apply 3 coats of glue allowing each to go almost dry....this is VITAL ....when the last coat is cured,simply fold the system forward ...just control it... press it down inch by inch onto the glue from the anchor-points to keep it `even` and prevent it `bunching up` into a pleat at the front... you know what I mean I`m sure....you can clean off the pencil marks by carefully wiping them with a tiny amount of alcohol on a cloth or cotton pad...... this will get easier. ...you could also try `Got2b`glued for an all-over bond and maybe just one layer of glue at the very front..... one layer because Got2b usually does for a shorter -term hold and if you`re sweating a lot it may need replacing every 2 or 3 days ...therefore it would be pointless applying 3 or 4 coats of strong glue at the front which would possibly stay good for 2 weeks and then find you need to remove it after 2 days..it would be just a load of `work`..you could experiment at a weekend..... when it`s coming time for your new bond, remove/clean up on a friday evening at home, then try `got2b` until sunday evening, then simply hop into the shower and wash it out/off, dry your system and re-apply using tape/glue so you`re good to go for the next few days work-wise etc ....at least if you find the Got2b is not holding so well at home you can easily replace it without fuss....if that happened mid-week at work you`d be really in a tizzy ! I`d `experiment` when you have time to yourself at home and you`ll find what works best for you.
12-30-2011, 01:58 AM,
Hi Eric! could you post a clear picture with a fuaxhawk style? I would appreciate that! thanks and regards!
12-30-2011, 03:35 AM,
(12-30-2011, 01:58 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: Hi Eric! could you post a clear picture with a fuaxhawk style? I would appreciate that! thanks and regards!

I will try when I do my hair later lol, still sounds funny saying that, haven't "done" my hair in over 15 years. I keep forgetting to take a pic after she finishes it but will try to get it looking like yesterday and post.
12-30-2011, 06:15 AM,
Smile thanks!
12-31-2011, 10:33 AM,
Still playing around with it, can't get it as good as she does it when she styles my hair, but don't think bad for first time trying to recreate. Trying to get rid of that front piece to stay up. Will post again when get it just right.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-31-2011, 11:39 AM,
Looks great Eric. I'm very impressed with the versatility of the piece and how you're able to wear it different styles in the pics you posted, Ie. slicked back, combed down, spiked up.
12-31-2011, 11:57 AM,
I quite like that bit that flops down.
It makes your hair style look less contrived.
Although it may prove irresistible to someone wanting to sweep it off your forehead!
You could try using a quick blast with a hairdryer on a low heat or spritzing it with water, popping in a haircomb/slide and leaving it to dry.
Or, you can use the hair net that the piece came (usually) wrapped in by putting it over your hair and again use a dryer or letting it dry naturally. You can 'tweak' it to the exact shape you want through the net using a 'picking' comb.

NB, don't forget to take it out before leaving the house, as I have done on many an occasion!

I think you're doing a GREAT job and will have this whole thing nailed in no time.
Like someone else has suggested, I think you should have a go at using Oil Resistant White Glue (ORWG) on the front.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-31-2011, 05:26 PM,
Hersute, thanks for your comments, I'm actually starting to like the front down as well but when my stylist does it it looks freakin awesome, I walk past cars and look at myself in car windows and I'd do me lol, again like I stated quite amazed at years it takes off me.

Drew- I love this piece that so far I'm able to try different styles, again to you if you receded enough to try topper Go for It! I am so glad I did!
12-31-2011, 08:05 PM,
One day you'll get into my weird situation.
I'm 51 but people keep assuming I'm in my 30s.
( I had a scalp reduction 20 years ago which I swear tightened my skin and took away any wrinkles!)
Of course its flattering, but when I tell them my age, the downside is that they really stare and scrutinize me and I get a bit paranoid!
If I'm out driving late at night, its guaranteed I'll get pulled over by the police wanting to know why I'm driving my car because their records show it belongs to an older driver!
I've been stopped 6 times in the last 18 months!

I'm trying to make my hair 'age-appropriate' by getting thinner densities and moving my hairline further back but after all these years of wearing, its really hard to make these adjustments when the results are less appealing.
To me, it just looks like I've placed it in the wrong position!

My passports are a joke as I look younger in my more recent ones than I do in the ones from 30 years ago!
I have a USA passport but my residents visa stamps for some countries are in my old passports so sometimes I have to show the old ones and then I get those same stares, but no one has ever said anything!

I'm not complaining really, but it has become more of an issue since hitting 50.
When I could say "I'm in my 40s" it was so bad.
But clearly, I'd rather have these as my problems than go back to being bald!