Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some lifting issues?
12-26-2011, 05:41 AM,
Some lifting issues?
Hey guys, so my bond is starting to get loose. I just had it attached Thursday and front is lifting as well as the back. If I keep the hair down I can get by but my question is when do you guys usually do a full reattach? Do you get by with just a little lifting or once it lifts you do a total debond and reattach? I have not shampooed the hair at all, I have just been misting it with a water bottle and today was first time totally wetting hair but had lift going before that. Thanks. Merry Christmas All.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-26-2011, 09:26 PM,
RE: Some lifting issues?
question answered in previous posts threads,try searching! the forums,

you can get away with up to 3 weeks, most attach weekly, fortnightly, depends really on your individual body chemistry, how quickly the heat, sweat, oils, release and breakdown the glue,
this could depend on your activity, job, hobbies, weight, time of year,

nope you don’t need a Total debond, when you experience lift,you only know it’s there,
(your choice)but a touch up is prefferable,anbd saves time,

the beauty of a front hairline touch up is the hair is already bonded 75% behind so is lined up so there’s no new hairline position to find,

the hair will lift when subject to excess water, depending on the adhesive used.
thee wonderful thing to bear in mind is there are adhesives that are water based or non-water based the non-water based adhesives are very resistant to water, as alot of wearers swim, ect with hair systems.

regards,
AnthonySmile
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM,
Is the lace coming free from the bonding material or is the tape/glue coming away from the skin? If it`s lace coming free, that could be mean there is some factory-residue on the lace -most likely silicone- which was not properly washed off before the bonding and it`s preventing the adhesive material `gripping`, or , if it`s coming off the scalp skin, you may need different/stronger ones...the fact that you said it`s coming loose at both front AND back would make me think it`s residue on the lace because I think she used glue at the front and tape at the back? It`s unlikely that if it was a `skin/scalp`issue that 2 different materials would both `disagree`with your skin at the same time... for example, you might get a `weak`tape, but a strong/good hold with the glued part.....again, it`s trial and error at the start...the fact that it`s loose in 2 different areas would make me think it`s a case of the lace coming loose from the adhesives ?
12-27-2011, 07:57 AM,
Antywanty- I did do a search before I posted question. I was just trying to see when you guys usually do your debond/reattach if you experience some lifting issues. Like how much lift before you all decide to do a total reattaching. Being I am noob at wearing I am going to my stylist the first couple of debond/reattachings. I have scheduled appointments every two weeks however, since I am already getting lifting after only 3 days this concerns me about how I am going to make it for two weeks.

Paul- it seems my issues are probably as you stated being silicone on lace. I have not had as much lift in back but can feel the lace lifting, not enough to see if tape is on scalp or vice versa though and don't think I want to pull enough to see. My front however is lifted enough I can pull it almost halfway up my forehead, a lot more lifting then pic I posted, there is a lot of sticky glue on my forehead as well as little balls of glue. Contacted Didi and going to see if she can fit me in. If not will probably try to just reglue front and hope to get by til my next appt. might have to try to debond/reattach myself otherwise. I can always go back to baseball cap for couple weeks though if have to.

Thanks!
12-27-2011, 08:15 AM,
i started the same route you did, via a one lady salon, down a discreet backstreet,lol
sounds like the 1950's gay scene(im straight)
yeah anyway onto the point, i stayed with the salon for 2-3 months,i know how you feel having a new hair system on,the new feeling on youre head, but you forget t after a while or you get used to it.
i was terrified to do anything to my new hair, i remember the first day.
but as they say ts easy once you know how,
i went back to the salon for the first 5 touch ups then started doing it myself.
i'll only need the salon for cut ins i will never do that myself.
as for bonding debonding, maintainence i can do that myself, a huge saving.
credit to my hairdresser she never charged me for touch ups.

anyway,it turns the clock back like nothing can,
best souloution i ever tried,
like they say,you get most satisfaction from difficult things, and hell my frst weeks were difficult,
but i was braVE,saw it through, and now its paying me back, and in loving it.
14 months and still on my first peice.

need any advice m8 keep posting.
12-27-2011, 08:48 AM,
Eric ...seems like factory-residue might be the issue here... which is why it`s best to give your new system a wash or two before cut-in....to ensure the lace is `clean`... you could try adding a little layer of glue on at the front there....my only concern is that it may not hold for too long if there actually IS residue still on the lace .... your wife can easily help you smear a little glue onto the tape at the back [assuming the lace has come free from the tape and the tape is still `good`against the skin].......what you could do is give the `free`lace a gentle wipe with a clean cotton cloth moistened with alcohol ..might help `clean`it a bit,but don`t soak it ..just a light wipe ---you can `clip`the loose area up `out of the way` with something like a clothes peg --simply clip the hair to the hair behind it..then apply a thin layer of glue at the front, on top of the existing glue....MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you allow the glue to go practically dry before pressing the lace down on it.....you can speed it up by aiming warm air from a hair dryer onto it --a little bit smeared onto the tape at the back should help hold your system back on again.... try that and see how you get on....it`s just a little touch-up which may get you through until your next appointment....if it doesn`t , you`ll have to go back to the stylist ...wouldn`t take her long anyways....probably 20 minutes tops to replace your bond....my feeling is this sounds like factory residue problem.
12-27-2011, 09:02 AM,
Paul-Also for you guys dealing with dry hair;

I am going to try to clean the forehead and reglue. When I woke up this morning I think I would be able to take this off without any lace release at all. On a side note I ordered the Enhance this morning you always rave about. I have not been using a lot of different products and a new issue I am running into is extremely dry feeling hair in the mornings, I usually mist with water in the morning and after brushing seems fine. Now with the lifting issues I am concerned not only wetting the hair but more so in brushing. Do you or any other guys have to deal with dry feeling hair often? I feel if I run a brush through the hair it will rip, it feels that dry. Sorry for all these questions but my first week wearing, I'll get better Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

12-27-2011, 09:37 AM,
you can spray in leave in conditioner, to help with moisture.
but a decent shampoo for dry damaged hair should help lock moisture in.
remember when brushing dont brush right down to the lace, poly ,skin, just above it
12-27-2011, 10:07 AM,
That`s pretty serious lifting all right ! I thought it might be just a few millimetres ..I can see the glue on the skin and the lace seems almost clean as a whistle..which again, would lead me to think it didn`t bond properly to the glue. To be honest there Eric, as the system is almost half off now, I`d simply do your first de-bond now..your wife can help you...it might be easier.
Dryness is THE main problem with systems....hair can`t get any oils or moisture from the scalp...you`ll find that `Enhance` most helpful...in the meantime, you can apply Brylcreem after you rebond...not too much though. Just use your lace-release to free the rest of the system all the way around. Put it to one side then and clean your scalp, using your glue-melters and/or Citrus glue solvents. If there`s any obvious glue/tape residue in the lace, apply glue-melter `locally`to it, wait a few minutes and wipe off with some bubble-wrap or the micro fibre cloths or wipe it on a glass surface. Then run a sink of lukewarm water and mix in just maybe a teaspoon of shampoo [on this occasion] ......immerse the system base-side up....then spread some shampoo onto your hand and `spread`it across/onto the lace base, rubbing it on gently...this will help rid it of any silicones etc...... dunk it in and out a few times and then empty the sink and rinse the system well by allowing [lukewarm] water to flow through the base and down the hairs to the tips.......when all the shampoo is washed away, gently squeeze out the excess water and then apply some conditioner to the hair .. I usually apply to my fingers tips and gently `roll`small clumps of hair to transfer it onto the hair. Leave it sit for 10 mins. or so and again, rinse out, and then blot the hair dry.....allow it to dry naturally and when nearly dry, gently brush it,taking care not to snag the lace. When the lace is bone-dry, you can apply strips of tape around the perimeter [back and sides] and peel a `start`point on the backing -paper..can be very `fiddly` ..a sharp finger nail ran along the edge to the corner can successfully part /lift the paper from the tape....scrunch up the corner of the paper so that they can easily be fully peeled back when you have your system positioned properly...have a read of the reply I posted there this morning on Elvis`s thread regarding positioning / applying glue....just take your time with it..this will get easier as you go along..... it`s not unusual for a bond not to hold for long with a new system....remember---Lace release to free the system from the adhesive material, and Glue-melter to clean the scalp and soften any adhesive residue on the lace so it can be wiped off [ looks like there`s none anyway ] When it`s re-bonded, mist well with water.Glues don`t fully `cure`for about 24 hours after application so avoid sweating etc. You can safely mist the hair with water though and apply some Brylcreem to the damp hair.....that should help with the dryness.... hopefully you`ll have the Enhance soon anyway... keep me posted !
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM,
Ok, all fixed, thanks again Paul, Antywanty, and everyone else, I tried to reglue myself and of course being the noob I am it came out horrible, hair in glue, was a mess, I called my savior Didi, who by the way if anyone is in NYC area is a genius in this game and we decided to try all tape. Well all I can say is amazing again, I can do my faux hawk hair style and still looks awesome. I am huge sweater so think glue is never gonna work for me. But so far all tape even at the hairline looking good,
I'm determined to learn and beat this game. In it for long haul, still amazed at the difference it makes in looks. Paul, when I eventually go solo your tips are invaluable, much thx to you and everyone else on here.