Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PICS - Style for thinning sides
12-20-2011, 11:01 AM,
RE: PICS - Style for thinning sides
I'm getting thinning sides but I wouldn't even have a clue how to even attemp this. A vid would be nice just to see. This hair style is pretty kewl.
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM,
I would bro, but i wouldnt want my face posted all online - especially since the video would probably make its way to youtube. But give it a try and let me know if you have any questions about any parts.
(12-20-2011, 09:21 AM)JRob Wrote: This is a fine example of rolling with the punches when dealing with issues such as thinning sides.

It's all an illusion fellas. The cut, the style, highlights, styling product, gray hair, etc. can go a long way toward enhancing the illusion.

Great job!

Thanks JRob...i wish i could go the fullcap route like you, but fullcaps are only for some people. I have to have my side hair short anyways (not only becasue they are thinning) but even when i had hair there, if it wasnt short it made my face look so skinny and disproportionate.

I noticed that fullcaps are really good on people with "fuller" faces and a more rounded head. With me i have a thinner jaw line and full caps look so full that it looks horrible on me. My only thought would be to use skin for the sides to keep the hair as flat a possible to thin (as making it skinnier) on the sides to keep the hair close to the sides of my head then lace on top

JRob - you ever used any skin combo in your full cap units?
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM,
Yeah full caps isn't an idea I like much. I can understand the benefits of it sure. But you are now very reliant on a hair system forever. I like to wear baseball caps a lot.. U can't do that with a full cap unless u are wearing the system or u somehow manage to keep ur side and back hair not shaven. Plus it seems like more work and hassle, more stuff that might lift etc. But sure the benefits are even coloring density etc. But for me personally.. the smaller the system the better. I wish all i had to wear was a tiny partial lol. Everyone used to bitch at me cause i wore a small partial for so long.. I knew there would come a day when i couldn't anymore.. so i used it as long as i could.
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM,
Mate - that is awesome. That's the best cut I've seen in ages. Well done!
12-22-2011, 10:40 AM,
Yeah, i wear hats alot and it seems hats would screw up the full caps and not only thin it to where the hat rubbed but also mess with the nape area alot while you had the hat on.

And there is always so much stress with normal systems matching up and being the right specs...fullcaps only multiply that by 1000x...and getting a stock one is out of the question if something bad happens
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM,
(12-21-2011, 03:12 PM)mcat45 Wrote: ...i wish i could go the fullcap route

Not sure why you would think that-- you couldn't get the realism you have in those nice pics you posted with a full wig.
12-23-2011, 04:03 AM,
(12-22-2011, 12:40 PM)Tapehead Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 03:12 PM)mcat45 Wrote: ...i wish i could go the fullcap route

Not sure why you would think that-- you couldn't get the realism you have in those nice pics you posted with a full wig.

Just because i wouldnt have to worry about the blending issues and color match. I know it looks great in these pics, but its not always this perfect. Wink
12-27-2011, 02:10 PM,
(12-21-2011, 03:12 PM)mcat45 Wrote: Thanks JRob...i wish i could go the fullcap route like you, but fullcaps are only for some people. I have to have my side hair short anyways (not only becasue they are thinning) but even when i had hair there, if it wasnt short it made my face look so skinny and disproportionate.

I noticed that fullcaps are really good on people with "fuller" faces and a more rounded head. With me i have a thinner jaw line and full caps look so full that it looks horrible on me. My only thought would be to use skin for the sides to keep the hair as flat a possible to thin (as making it skinnier) on the sides to keep the hair close to the sides of my head then lace on top

JRob - you ever used any skin combo in your full cap units?

Keeping that kind of style looking good takes extra work but if you have what it takes to maintain that look and you are happy with the style I wouldn't change a thing.

I have had a few units with skin perimeters and I'm not a fan. Too much variation in the transition area and it's almost impossible to make it undetectable to touch in some places.