Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synthetic hair
08-23-2009, 04:49 AM,
Synthetic hair
I've been wondering if there are any good synthetic hairs out there? My main issue is the colour fade and dry texture both of which I can manage with weekly colourings (using a permanent colour). I've done a bit of online searching and there is a product called Betex which is a synthetic hair heat resistant to 240C and non fading. Has anyone any experience of this or any other product? Is it something Toplace can offer BA/John?
08-23-2009, 06:33 AM,
Re: Synthetic hair
Its no problem supplying it but its not good with lace bases and dark hair, As the knots cannot be bleached.
08-23-2009, 06:36 AM,
So injection only then? How does it feel compared to real hair BA? Do you need to shampoo/condition/use certain styling products?
08-23-2009, 08:16 AM,
I've tried a synthetic injected into a PSB base just to say I've tried it. The hair looked good in the system. However, a synthetic just doesn't blend with your real hair. It's most noticeable when you're standing in the sunlight. Your natural hair reflects the sunlight differently than the synthetic hair--even if the color is spot on. When I had my stylist do the cutin he wouldn't use his good scissors on it---he went into the back room to get an old set of scissors to cut it in. There's nothing like real human hair--it looks natural, feels natural, and moves natural. It styles better. We can get synthetic hair if you want it but I don't recommend it.
Regards,
John
08-23-2009, 02:49 PM,
got to agree with John here......I won't use my good scissors cutting in a synthetic unit either...it dulls the blades. I have not seen a synthetic hair that i liked yet!! My preference is human hair and toplace sells the softest, nicest hair.
I , personally, am not a fan of synthetic hair. remember, yu cannot blow dry it or curl it etc either.....so it limits your style options, too.
just my opinion.
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM,
Yeah, synthetic hair is junk. Some of the girls at my salon have used synthetic hair for extensions and its trash. And trying to color it is next to impossible. It seems to have a mind of its own.
08-24-2009, 06:52 AM,
Well after been wearing for 27 years, I am a great fan of synthetic hair (wouldn't have any other) on my 3/4 full cap.

No colour or very little colour fade, I blow dry it all the time on a medium heat.

I am not a fan of colouring even natural hair, changes the texture and in fact colours all the hair the same (natural hair is not like that) a very subtle difference between different hair colour

Paddy
08-24-2009, 07:38 PM,
Synthetic doesn't move like real hair, has no bounce.

Styling it is also difficult as it doesn't behave like human hair; it takes shape and by and large retains it.
08-25-2009, 04:13 AM,
pwhack Wrote:Well after been wearing for 27 years, I am a great fan of synthetic hair (wouldn't have any other) on my 3/4 full cap.

No colour or very little colour fade, I blow dry it all the time on a medium heat.

I am not a fan of colouring even natural hair, changes the texture and in fact colours all the hair the same (natural hair is not like that) a very subtle difference between different hair colour

Paddy

To be honest I have had that said to me many times from people who wear synthetic but it really is a personal choice.
But the fact is that with dark hair the knots cannot be bleached and when the sun shines through it is shows a rainbow of colours, This is something the hairwearer cannot obviously see, But once you have it off the head hold it up to the sunlight and see all the sparkling colours.
05-09-2010, 04:31 AM,
RE: Synthetic hair
I'm like pwhack I wore 15 years of synthetic hair and I have always been very happy with the color.
The different reflections in the sun does not like a rainbow, I personally have always found the reflections like my natural hair.
Since a year I wear natural hair and I have great concern with the color orange and also highlights my hair not true.
With my system I've ever synthetic afraid to sunbathe.
For now I find the synthetic easier to maintain daily
I am still trying to find a system to no longer be a problem with color and if ca me wrong I think a system tries TL 400 in synthetic hair black for hidden nodes