Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to start?
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM,
Best way to start?
Hello everybody!

First time here.

I'm really excited about getting into the 'wearing game', but I'm not sure about what the best way is to get into it.

From what I've read creating a template, sending it to the US from Europe, and then ordering a custom unit, will take far too much time as I'm really looking at an ideal window to start wearing that lasts from approximately now until sometime in February.

As such my options are to either go to a studio in Sweden and get it professionally done the first time around, which while expensive sounds like a very easy and practical way of starting and getting to see the possibilities of it in first person. If I went this route I would also take a template at the same time to send in to Toplace and order two custom units so that a new system would be available once my studio-designed one was ready for retirement.

The other and quite a lot cheaper alternative would be to order a stock unit, most likely french lace dark brown, as well as all of the other products needed, and then going through all of the steps on my own with some help of a friend who is a hairdresser. This alternative, while cheaper, does scare me a little in the sense that there seems to be an awful lot you can do wrong, not to mention the fact that it isn't made to suit your head in terms of size and hairline.

What do you guys think? Is the studio worth the extra money for a first-timer? Or should I just throw my lot in with a stock unit and learn everything by doing it from scratch? Is there something I'm missing as far as alternatives, or reasons for the two listed alternatives, goes? Would love some input as I'm going to go down to a hair replacement studio tomorrow and check it out.
12-20-2011, 08:24 PM,
RE: Best way to start?
How much is this Salon asking for a system? Also, curious to know how they propose to supply a system faster than Toplace .... by them making a template for you [if that`s what they said] it`s only going to save a few days at most if they have to send that to a factory in Asia....it would just cut out the `delay` in the time taken for you to send your template to Toplace, and then Toplace sending it to China. Are they proposing a stock system for you ? There is a factory in Germany so maybe that`s who they use ?