Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2B Alternatives?
12-19-2011, 07:47 AM,
Got2B Alternatives?
I've been reading on some other forums and several people have said Moco de Gorilla extreme hold gel (or gorilla snot) is stronger than got2b. I have no idea if that is really the case, but for those of you out there who have an extra 8 bucks and like experimenting, might be fun to try. Also said to hold up really well against sweat.
Secondly, Got2B has a new "ultra hold" that their website says is stronger. Again, I don't know for sure, but just trying to get more ideas flowing to see if we can find a better solution!
I ordered the regular got2b and the ultra hold, so when my hair finally comes I'll give both a try and let you guys know the results.
Also, for those who use got2b, do you find it better to use with stumble under the hair piece or a clean razor shave?

Attached Files Image(s)

12-19-2011, 12:20 PM,
RE: Got2B Alternatives?
There is a thread about this at the bottom of the first page, you should check it out.
12-21-2011, 06:48 AM,
please let us know your results! for me some of my own thin hairs act as anchors with got2b
12-23-2011, 08:55 AM,
When you said you read on a forum, was this a hairloss forum where people were using it to attach their systems or was it people who just used the product and said it was stronger. I mean something could be stronger for the hair in the way it solidifies but might not have that stickiness that is needed.. I hope people report back on this, Got2b glued is a great concept,, I just hope we can expand on that concept. A stronger got2b would be perfect for me. I wish someone would make an adhesive that works the same way.

When you wear a hair system for many years the biggest pain and annoyance of hair systems is the maintenance and fuss of having to attach remove etc. something u can just throw on ur head quick to attach that will give me a strong hold for a few days and super easy clean up would be awesome.
12-23-2011, 02:23 PM,
I first read about it on a normal hair forum, then I looked it up and read that other people have tried it. Most people that have tried the Gorila Snot say that they have thin hair underneath to ankor it on, but that it holds really well if it has that ankor. I think the Got2b sticks better to the clean scalp. The new got2b I just don't know about. It says it is stronger on the site, but that is clearly refering to hair styling. So it's a gamble. I just fingered since it is the same company it might be similar and work really well. Experimentation yields results right!
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM,
Yeah i never see it by me, I guess I have to order it online or something.
eh one bad thing i noticed already.. it says non stick and gel.. Not sure if thats gonna work
12-23-2011, 05:12 PM,
(12-23-2011, 02:57 PM)Xeon005 Wrote: Yeah i never see it by me, I guess I have to order it online or something.
eh one bad thing i noticed already.. it says non stick and gel.. Not sure if thats gonna work

Seen it at :

Walgreens
CVS
Walmart.....I think ?

Now thats out here in Albuquerque, but probably standard nation wide , I would think ??
12-23-2011, 07:03 PM,
Ya I have them at the walmart near me for cheap. I'm too scared to go that route at the beginning cuz I've only heard of two people who have used it for hair system attachment. But the got2b ultra i'm pretty interested in trying.
12-25-2011, 08:11 AM,
Has anyone used got2B as a styling gel? Is it too harsh for system hair?
12-25-2011, 08:52 AM,
I`d think you`d find that very very tacky and you`d have to wash the hair frequently/prolonged to remove it... I often used this one Eric... http://www.pharmacyathand.co.uk/gbu0-pro...x-Gel.html but not sure if you can get it in USA? It`s very widely available here in pharmacies etc. I like the fact that in the evening/end of day it simply combs[brushes] out and is non-flaky/leaves no residue....I`ve never had any `issues`with it ...maybe these ones would be similar http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...&x=14&y=18
and are on Amazon so must be generally available in USA? Again, I don`t like using too many such things on the hair as you can get build-up and then have to wash / shampoo more often and that can shorten the life of the system...... Got2b is a good product but you might find it too strong for what you`d want which is just a little medium hold....it works just great for doing an all-over head bond with your system though, but tends to not grip the very edge of the perimeter in places after a few hours or if it gets wet from sweat or rain...it can come free....it won`t physically lift as such...that term is a bit misleading.... most times when a bond loses strength/hold at the perimeter we say `` my system lifted`` but mostly it won`t physically suddenly stand up at an angle or anything..it will be `loose` and a strong wind might lift it a bit . I`ve used Got2b [ love the smell of it..like Apples ! ] for an all-over bond but always used a bit of normal glue at the front as that would be likely to be the most visible in the event of any `lift`.