Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spraying toppik on lace
12-18-2011, 07:05 AM,
RE: spraying toppik on lace
I agree with both the above comments. Toppik wont stain your base. And as Hersute said, you need to work with it and see if you can get what works for you.

I have used toppik at my hairline before and at times it has worked great, then sometimes it will go on too thick and look poorly, but as we mentioned - take a q tip with alcohol and dab it on it to thin out the toppik and get the desired results.

Clean up is easy. It has always just washed out for me. Never had any issues.
12-18-2011, 09:20 AM,
thanks a lot egghead, mcat and everyone.. ya it works well for me Smile
12-19-2011, 07:28 AM,
So I'm confused... I thought the point of switching to a hair system was to STOP using concealers. Do they really thin out fast enough that you would need to start using concealers? And elvis, I thought you ordered a non gradiated front, wouldn't adding toppik make the "wall" even thicker? I'm so confused. I was hoping to throw away toppik and never think on it again.
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM,
@ Hair Scare

Most people do throw away concealers once they've gone to a hair piece.
Elvis has a front partial so maybe the densities weren't spot on to perfectly blend with his own hair.
He's only had it a couple of weeks, so I would hope he's not experiencing shedding already?
Plus I get the idea that he's using concealers to hide the lace because he hasn't quite perfected the art of attachment and sinking the lace in to the glue.

I may be wrong though.
12-19-2011, 11:22 AM,
ya i was experiencing some shedding. but it only shedded badly in one spot. i didnt NEED the toppik for that though. i used toppik to help disguise the lace. i dont know how to explain it. but it helped me disguise the lace. that was the only purpose i used it for.

anyway, why did my unit shed so fast btw? what causes shedding? maybe im doing somehting wrong
12-19-2011, 09:49 PM,
Did you seal the knots with knot-sealer? It`s very `early`for your system to be shedding--usually becomes apparent after at least a few weeks. Dryness is the usual culprit.
12-20-2011, 09:30 PM,
so i should use leave in conditioner daily right? i dont even wash my hair everyday. i just spritz some water lightly every morning and thats all. i didnt use knot sealer. but even if i didnt should it shed so early?
12-20-2011, 10:37 PM,
Have you used silk or satin pillow slips too ? Cotton ones also dry out hair and can snag hairs in the [comparatively] `rough` fibres ...it`s early for `normal`shedding though....so it`s got to have a cause, especially as it`s only on one particular area of the system. I use Enhance conditioner but not even daily and I don`t get shedding [touch wood ! ] Sounds like you`re not being harsh with it [ not frequently shampooing etc.] Something is triggering it though....I always use knot sealer after about the first week`s wear... I reckon it`s drying out as you`ve not been using leave-in conditioner..try the Enhance one--it`s really nice and kind to the hair.These are the makers of it..it`s the third one down and they are in USA... it`s also very inexpensive http://www.ppi.cc/conditioners_hair_care.htm
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM,
no i am using leave in conditioner. im using its a 10. i was just asking if its fine to use daily. maybe im pulling the hairs when i style it or something. how delicate are they to being pulled off? the hair texture on hair systems seem to be a lot dryer than normal hair lol
12-21-2011, 01:08 PM,
Some people have reported that they believe that if conditioner gets to the knots, it loosens them.
I've never experienced it (& I use a daily spray-in conditioner), but maybe thats what has happened to you?