Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey guys, so im experiencing lifting for the first time
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM,
hey guys, so im experiencing lifting for the first time
i bonded on sunday and now its wednseday night.. actually thursday because its just past midnight. and i noticed my glued (davlyn black) hairline is starting to lift. what exactly do i do now? i assume this is what i should be calling a touch up? i know im basically gonna have to lift and reapply glue.. but that seems too obvious.. so how do i do it? use anything to lift the hairline properly? or a way to be extra gentle? how do i do 'touch ups'?
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM,
RE: hey guys, so im experiencing lifting for the first time
I just lift it slightly dab some glue with a q tip onto the scalp then use the teeth of a comb to flatten it . Im sure someone will come up with a better idea but it works for me..
12-15-2011, 11:50 PM,
Make sure the glue is allowed go almost dry though...NEVER push lace onto wet glue.You can use a hairdryer to help speed up the drying process.
12-16-2011, 05:32 AM,
I would add that you should clean you head first with alcohol to clean the old glue and oils from your skin. Then just follow the instructions of your adhesive. Like for Ghost Bond, you need 4 coats, each one being allowed to dry clear before the next is applied, then let it cure for 7min. Then just set it back onto your skin. Pretty easy.
12-16-2011, 09:49 PM,
touch ups are theas easy part, as the systems already lined up, so youre not positioning,
just spray alchol onto the lace , gently lift, wait a min, and remove with finger nail gently, to remove old glue, repeat proccess with scalp area,make sure both areas are megga megga dry.
thats the secret to a rock solids bond,you could do what i sometimes do and take a pea sized amount of gentle shampoo, rubb on youre hairline scalp, laTHER and clean off, just to get the area megga dry, tyen spray a little alchol, wait for it to dry, or assist with some warm air shots from hairdryer,
i also find that a roll of sellotape comes in handy for removing glue, from lace just apply and the glue sticks nicley to the tape.
other crucial part, timing, time it!!! , write the start time you apply the glue to youre scalp,and the end time bout 15 mins to be safe,
ohh also wash youre hands(soap+water) specialy finger padds when applying glue as they contain natural oils, and you dont want those mixing with glue that could affect the bond,
follow thease instructons and happy wearing
anty
12-16-2011, 11:09 PM,
thanks a lot guys! i really appreciate your help
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM,
One thing that I discovered that works great for touchups is dried out solvent based glue.

If you have an old bottle of Ultrahold or other "clear" glue that has dried to the point where you can no longer use a brush, don't throw it away!. Take a toothpick and scoop out a tiny amount of the "dried" (it will still be pliable) glue and smear it on your skin underneath the lace where it is lifting. It should be dry enough that you don't even have to wait, you can press the lace down immediately into the thin layer of glue. Works like a charm!