Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with measuring hairline forehead height+uk hospital drama featuring wigg wear
12-15-2011, 11:14 AM,
help with measuring hairline forehead height+uk hospital drama featuring wigg wear
anyone got any good tips for placing the system correctly at the hairline point,iv been wearing now for 14 months since oct 14 2010
and managed pretty well ok , so you ask why post this question now,
well, i bonded on the 13/12/ tues,and did the usual routine de bond,
system clean up, hard part done, phew! well not that difficult once you know youre routine,and what step follows,

so i place the system on my head,using the tipp of spraying alchol on first to give you a min + to place the system and change youre mind without a instant bond,blahh blahh

hell i just coudnt style my hair the look i go for i coudnt see, any way i thought ,its ok and went out came back,
and realised it was about 1/4" 1/2" inch to far back,
made a hell of a diffrence to my face shape, style.
my face changed , despite the same hairstyle, something looked wrong and i just coudnt put my finger on it.

anyway, today i de bonded and moved the system forward bout 1/2"
and bingo i could see my look, my style worked.straight away.

i thought of following the top frown line ,which dosent change even when you frown,
so a 1/2" inch from my top frown line of 3 lines is my hairline,
sounds weird, i suppose you should measure from a fixed point like youre indent at the top of youre nose up to a hairline point, using tape ect.
anyone got any good tips.

+ holby city a uk based hospital drama bbc1
featuring a elderly gentleman wearing a hair system,seemed to be handled very sympathetically by the writers, any comments.

link to u tube, i recorded with camtasaia studio 7 and uploaded to utube, please dont comment on the u tube video on utube, but here only.many thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEdVEapHf...bH37sLk12Z
12-15-2011, 01:03 PM,
RE: help with measuring hairline forehead height+uk hospital drama featuring wigg wear
Sympathetically?? I must have missed that lol. He wasn't that elderly was he? Mid - late 50's maybe. When the nurse said 'let's get that thing off', she was meaning the hair, so it was spotted straight away...that's bright hospital lights for ya! Regards
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM,
RE: help with measuring hairline forehead height+uk hospital drama featuring wigg wear
Hi,
I know what you mean,i like to get my unit spot on in the correct place,otherwise it doesnt quite look right.

I actually made a template that was the same size as the one i sent to toplace for my custom units,(i used the plastic moulded piece that used to come attached to the pieces when they were sent out,last few orders i made didnt have this as they were placed in a flat envelope).Anyway i place this template on my head,get the correct position and then mark the front with a eyeline pencil,just with a dot,i use this dot to line up the front of the piece, to get the piece in the right position.You call also measure from your nose with a dressmaker tape,so the measurement would be the same every time,but i haven't tried this.They say the piece should be placed four fingers above the bridge of your nose,but that depends on age etc.

Regards topcat
12-15-2011, 01:58 PM,
@ antywanty

Before attaching, if you position the piece exactly where you want it, lift the front part up and (using a makeup pencil) put 2 dots (approx 3inches apart) on the base, about 3-4 inches back and then corresponding ones on your scalp.
Once you've glued/ taped and go to place it, simply match up the dots.
It'll go back to exactly the right place.
Another tip, which many will already know, is to press the teeth of a comb all along the front hairline.
It will leave temporary indents on your scalp.
This will show you exactly where to put the glue.
Obviously the indents disappear, but by using the dots, you'll place it so that the front of the piece matches up to where you've glued.

But you're SO right about a slightly wrong attachment making a huge difference to how the hair falls, can be styled and your appearance.
Its usually recommended that the front of the hairline is about 3 finger widths above the eyebrows.
More if you're older.
12-16-2011, 01:55 AM,
Thats a TV Show, so that means it was written by autors and now i ask myself what do they want say to us with this.

hmmm never go to a hospital because nurses are strange?^^
I mean they are professionals, so what kind of nurse act like this?

Hmm beside that i think his head looked fine, i wouldnt notice him in a crowd
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM,
This is why I don't watch Holby city lol. His piece looked decent though.

I mark the hairline with a comb, it does the job.

According to Da Vinci, the perfect symmetry, is the width from your chin to the bottom of your nose...should be the same width from eyebrows to hairline. But ppl have all sorts of hairlines, what works for me is scrunching up my forhead, where the wrinkles stop is where the hairline starts.
12-17-2011, 01:08 AM,
For me, it makes a huge difference in regards to the placement of the system on my forehead. If im off by 1/4 of inch it make the symmetry of my head anf face to off. Ive told me wife this many times...its crazy how amazing and real the system looks when i get it in that sweet spot, but if im off by 1/4 inch it just looks weird.
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM,
(12-17-2011, 01:08 AM)mcat45 Wrote: For me, it makes a huge difference in regards to the placement of the system on my forehead. If im off by 1/4 of inch it make the symmetry of my head anf face to off. Ive told me wife this many times...its crazy how amazing and real the system looks when i get it in that sweet spot, but if im off by 1/4 inch it just looks weird.

It's exactly the same for me. I have a tolerance of about 1/4". Any deviation from that it it just doesn't look right.

The good thing is that since I switched to a full cap my new attachment method allows me to get it within that range every single time. With a partial unit it was always a crapshoot.
12-20-2011, 10:53 AM,
hmmm, I wouldnt say that was a favourable view of hair systems. They didnt use the phrase "hair system" and it also added to the myth that these things cost £1000.. I wonder why that came into the writers mind, it didnt seem that important to the plot. Maybe a relative/friand of the writer has had one??!!

Havent watched Casualty in years! Never seen the spin off Holby City but I guess its identical bar the name..

Nice post - thanks.