Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to toplace
12-15-2011, 03:58 AM,
New to toplace
Hello!

I'm a guy in my twenties and been wearing hair for about 3 months.

I jumped in to this first ordering from BA during the "war" i noticed was going on when i took the plunge.
I waited about 12 weeks for my pieces to arrive and i'm pretty happy with what i got.
Not anyone have noticed anything exept asking if i dyed my hair.

Now for my second order i want to try toplace and want to fix some issues i've had with my systems.

*First off, i ordered bodywave and when the hair was long it matched my own har really good, but when i got i cut in and styled short the curl was a bit to much for me i think.
(My hair takes kind of a turn when longer)
Has anyone gone from bodywave to straight hair thinking it was a good choice?

*The color felt perfect at first, then the sun cought my hair and i saw the difference.
As my stylist said "You know you have greentones in this?"
Anyone had this problem with TL?

*I ordered freestyle with NO crown.
In the back of the piece the hair wants to go in surtain directions forcing me to try n style in a very hard way.
The hairline and about 3 inches in, its ventiladed perfect as i want to have it all around.
Do you think i got a crown even asking for no crown?
Cant really tell if its a crown =S
How should a freestyle ventilation act in the back?

Tankful for any kind of answers helping me to perfect this!

Regards
12-15-2011, 05:05 AM,
RE: New to toplace
Jackal, I just received my first system, I posted some pics of it in my post. I ordered a freestyle did not specify crown with body wave and seems a bit curlier than I thought it would be. I do not notice green tones however does seem like there is some red tones in it. The last pic in my post makes it look really red however, it is just the lighting, does not look as red as the picture.
12-15-2011, 06:33 AM,
Can you take a picture of the crown? It would be easier to answer your question after looking at it...
12-15-2011, 07:07 AM,
Jackal... you say you noticed a colour-difference when the sun was shining on the hair.. in what way is it different to your growing hair....is it a darker or lighter tone ? Sometimes the wave can be a bit tricky... my systems always have bodywave, but it can vary in `intensity` from one system to another...these things are individually made and no 2 will be exactly the same, particularly if a few months passes between orders....if you get ,say, 2 systems together at the same time, most likely they will be very alike, but on the next order, it may be `off` compared to the earlier order... certainly sounds like there is a crown on that system...always check it out when it first arrives and if you feel there is an issue, raise it with John rather than doing anything to the system such as cut-in/styling... usually these things are pretty much as ordered but there are times when things can be `off`.
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM,
Thanks all!

I'm gonna take a photo of the system as soon as possible!

the colour of the piece is a bit lighter then my own.
I have dark blonde/light brown hair. The blonder tones they put in is a bit of a greentone, never heard about this before but as i said, even my stylist notices in inside lighting.

I do dye the piece to match, seems like this is a have to do basis with wearing?

How about density, i ordered 65% from BA, is there a difference in toplace pieces i should know about?

Thank you!