Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legth of sides/back
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM,
legth of sides/back
How short can I keep my sides while wearing a system? I am using American Conair clippers and hey have #'s 1-8 with 1 being almost shaved. I have seen some pics with really short sides but doesnt the system need to "blend in" with longer growing hair? Thanks!
12-14-2011, 01:56 AM,
RE: legth of sides/back
I taper up from a no.1 to 3. I think it depends on the style , its does need to blend in but as long as there is no visible step i thinks amazing what you can get away with..
12-14-2011, 08:44 AM,
The idea is for the replacement hair to blend in with your natural hair as much as possible.
Hence most people go with a graduated cut, tapering from 1-3 as suggested by Sagem.

However, others do a buzz cut to their natural hair with a 'step' being created by the replacement hair.
Its a radical style and not for everyone, but with little to no natural hair showing, there is no need to 'blend'.
12-14-2011, 09:53 AM,
This old thread of Reubin and his system might give a few ideas..... just [ no pun] off the top of my head I think it`s a skin `island` with a lace strip all the way around ...it`s excellently -done and very very impressive. I`m sure John could provide specs/guidance if anyone wanted to try it out......
http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread....lac+island
12-14-2011, 10:50 AM,
I cant really go any lower than a 3 because my transplant scar will show, and then I cant really go over a 3-4 because my hair is frizzy and im afraid it wont match the top. So Ill have to constantly have to keep it at a 3-3.5 wich isnt a big deal I can just trim it down every time I de/re bond. No biggie Big Grin. Now I just gotta get the wave pattern down (Ive seen a few people have been having problems with the wave match lately) and Ill be good to go, thanks guys youve been a big help Im almost there!
12-14-2011, 06:37 PM,
I have two huge scars on the the back from transplants , i was worried they would show but with this new slicked back look they dont notice so much. The first piece i had was short on the top so used i to spray the scars with topik.But now im more confident and dont mind if it shows a bit.
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM,
Yeah man it sucks I shaved my head once and everyone at my old job was like wtf happened to you?! I can touch it up with some couvre or toppik if need be but thanks man ill prob do the taper cut. I cant really do the shaved thing, its not me. Ill be on systems till I get really really old or a cure comes out. I dont care about the maitenance or the chance of getting spotted I care about looking good and feeling good if I have to take extra time to do so, so be it. Cheers.
12-14-2011, 10:38 PM,
I had my head shaved for years with scars fully exposed, i had real butchery done in the early 90´s , the doc´s back then were shit and the techniques barbaric .I just recently got fed up wearing a cap so grew the sides and back longer then ordered a piece. Should of done it years ago , but like many i just assumed any false hair would look like a bad rug . I was wrong.