Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM,
RE: First ever System arrived today, Need Help Please!
Scheduled my first cut in for next Thursday! Thanks guys for all your help and advice, feel a lot better bout it going to look (hopefullyx) better once it's attached and cut in. I was going to wash it but my stylist told me not to(not sure why not). However, I guess I will go by what she told me and again hopefully all works out with the darker looking color, guess I can dye my own hair if color off. Anyways as soon as I get home next Thursday I will post pics of my new head of hair!
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM,
Good luck! I'm excited to see the results! Did you decide to take a pic of the knots? I'm curious what they look like.
12-14-2011, 01:36 PM,
I will tonight and post
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM,
Yo Eric I hope it goes smoothly for you, Im in the same boat as you as far as the whole "hat" thing, Ive been wearing a hat for like 9 years, it holds you back from alot! I was thinking about a few things to make the transition and I think wearing a hat over the system and taking it off once in a while in front of people and letting them see your hair would be a good idea. Then you can start putting your hat on your desk or whatever at your work place and go without it a while then put it back on instead of coming in one day with a huge head of awesome hair. Im not to concerned about people at work to much but I have a plan for my friends/aquaintances. Im just going to tell them Im going to a wake or wedding then meet them at the bar after all dressed up with no hat, no doubt they will probably tell me how good I look and I will just tell them yeah I should go without the hat once in a while, Ill still wear it every couple times I hang out but eventually Ill stop. Anyways I was wondering if you could post a pic of your system to so I can check out the waves/curls you were talking about. I need some wave on my system but not sure how much wave I should get. Good luck.
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM,
Thanks Justin, that was exactly how I was going to plan on starting to show my hair. I would still wear hat at first and just begin taking it off at work every so often. My sides and back are a dark blonde and that was my only major concern with the piece right off the bat but hopefully after washing the color will lighten somewhat so I won't have to dye my hair as well.
Took a few pics, the knots actually look quite good, the only question I can think of is when you get your system obviously it's not attached but is it normal to see lace through the system when just holding it?

Attached Files Image(s)

12-14-2011, 03:30 PM,
Yes, very normal to see lace through the system when not attached. Even more so when you hold it up near light. That was my initial observation and concern too, but believe me, it all disappears once it's attached to your scalp..
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM,
Did you order with a crown? Remind me your specs. whats the density? I know this is body wave right?
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM,
See the way the colour in the last pic looks different to the previous ones--cameras can be really `off` in the view they give of systems..... I`m curious as to why she said not to wash it ... there can be factory residues like silicone which they spray on the hair to give it shine...that can prevent/interfere with bonding materials giving a good hold....maybe she`s planning on giving it a good wash before styling it in..... If you think the system looks darker than your growing hair, it can be tweaked by adding some colour to your own... it`s not a major `hassle`....you`re in good hands with that stylist.....I`m sure it`ll be fine... you can still mist it daily with water and give it a gentle brush - through.....this will help reduce the `bounce` and make the cut-in more accurate as the hair will be in a more `relaxed`state. Looking forward to seeing the results..best wishes with it !
12-15-2011, 04:40 AM,
Hair Scare- My stylist did all my measurements so I just forwarded John what she emailed me. She ordered me, Density - first 1/2" from the hairline will be light density, all the rest light medium. She did not put down a percentage, I ordered it 4" long, did not specify a crown per se, my measurements were just sent in. When I just place it on my head it does seem perfect as far as will be the fit and coverage when it gets cut in. Yes, ordered freestyle, body wave.

Paul- She told me that she will be doing the washing but was thinking of doing one anyway in the meantime. Do you think 2 washings in a week would be a problem or should I just do the misting and brushing? When you brush yours do you do it on the head hair holder or do you hold the piece in your hand and brush? Last, any specific type brush, like a vent brush or any type will do? Thanks.
12-15-2011, 06:29 AM,
(12-15-2011, 04:40 AM)EricInNY Wrote: She told me that she will be doing the washing but was thinking of doing one anyway in the meantime. Do you think 2 washings in a week would be a problem or should I just do the misting and brushing?

I'm still new at this myself so I can't say for sure if it would be a problem or not, but one thing I've learned is to listen and trust what my stylist has told me. As newbies we want to do a lot of things our way, but stylists that have been doing this for awhile know a lot more than we do so I would listen to her and just let her wash it. Again, it might not be a problem, but until you get the hang of things, I would follow her instructions first.