Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I'm new here... and I need your help!
08-23-2009, 02:53 PM,
Hello, I'm new here... and I need your help!
Hello everybody

My name is José, I'm from México, I'm 24, and despite loving my father and all the things I've learned and inherited from him, I only hate one single thing I inherited from him: the baldness.

Since I'm still very young, I looked up in the net to check for possible "cures". Since I do not have money for a transplant, I thought I needed something else, and that's how I found Toplace. I checked some photos, I did some research and I learned that the units are excellent, virtually undetectable, affordable, and you don't even need surgery.

After going through all the tutorials I obtained from the TL team, I finally received my first TL unit a few days ago. It looks great and I can't wait to use it... and that's the little problem I have.

I did not order the glues/tapes along with my TL unit because I couldn't afford them at the time, and since I'm from México, ordering them online means I have to wait at least a month until they arrive to my home, and since our postal system is not precisely efficient, and the fact that I live alone in a not-so-friendly neighborhood and I work all day, means that even if I do order them online there is no guarantee I'll receive them on time :|

Now, according to the tutorials I received from the TL team, I know that for removal I can use "99% Isopropyl Alcohol", which I can buy in my local pharmacy without a problem, but my real question is: is there any medical grade glue/adhesive, odorless, preferably waterproff (since I swim at least twice a month), with a good strenght rating for a TL unit, , that I can buy in a local pharmacy/supermarket?, if so, could you please name some brands?, especially one that you have tested before with good results. Even better, if any of you are from México, could you please name some local brands I can buy here? since I believe that buying the glues locally is safer, cheaper, closer and faster than buying them online.

Any help that you could please give me is highly appreciated.

Many thanks for your support, regards!!!

José
08-23-2009, 05:48 PM,
Re: Hello, I'm new here... and I need your help!
jagm0618 Wrote:Hello everybody

My name is José, I'm from México, I'm 24, and despite loving my father and all the things I've learned and inherited from him, I only hate one single thing I inherited from him: the baldness.

Since I'm still very young, I looked up in the net to check for possible "cures". Since I do not have money for a transplant, I thought I needed something else, and that's how I found Toplace. I checked some photos, I did some research and I learned that the units are excellent, virtually undetectable, affordable, and you don't even need surgery.

After going through all the tutorials I obtained from the TL team, I finally received my first TL unit a few days ago. It looks great and I can't wait to use it... and that's the little problem I have.

I did not order the glues/tapes along with my TL unit because I couldn't afford them at the time, and since I'm from México, ordering them online means I have to wait at least a month until they arrive to my home, and since our postal system is not precisely efficient, and the fact that I live alone in a not-so-friendly neighborhood and I work all day, means that even if I do order them online there is no guarantee I'll receive them on time :|

Now, according to the tutorials I received from the TL team, I know that for removal I can use "99% Isopropyl Alcohol", which I can buy in my local pharmacy without a problem, but my real question is: is there any medical grade glue/adhesive, odorless, preferably waterproff (since I swim at least twice a month), with a good strenght rating for a TL unit, , that I can buy in a local pharmacy/supermarket?, if so, could you please name some brands?, especially one that you have tested before with good results. Even better, if any of you are from México, could you please name some local brands I can buy here? since I believe that buying the glues locally is safer, cheaper, closer and faster than buying them online.

Any help that you could please give me is highly appreciated.

Many thanks for your support, regards!!!

José

E-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> mate and I will send you some glues and tapes, Dont worry I dont want a penny for them
they are free samples on me,
08-26-2009, 01:23 PM,

E-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> mate and I will send you some glues and tapes, Dont worry I dont want a penny for them
they are free samples on me

Hello, sorry for the delay.

I really appreciate your help & good support, but receiving samples would only be effective for a little time,until they run out. What I'm looking for is a local option for buying the glues/accesories for my TL unit. I need to know if is possible to buy all these stuff in México or not.

To be honest, it's hard to believe there are no distributors in México, that my only choice is to buy them from the USA, after all, as far as I know, this is medical-grade glue, I'm pretty sure this should be some kind of "commodity" and be as available in México as clothes, software, electronics, medicines and so on.

What about you TopLace team?, do you know of any distributor in México for glues/accesories and so on?, I'm diying to use my newly-arrived TL unit!!

Again, any help that you could please give me, is greatly appreciated.

Regards!
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM,
Hi Jagm,
I'm sorry but I don't have any resources on file for Mexico. If any of our Mexican customers are reading this maybe they can help out.
Regards,
John
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM,
Hello guys it's me again!!

After soooo much research, I finally found a distributor in México for adhesives, which means I'll finally be able to use my first TL unit! Big Grin. Anyway, her name is Nancy Chavez, and her email is: [email protected]
Needless to say that Ms Chavez only speaks spanish (as far as I know), and is located in México City, but she can send the products to all the Mexican Republic. I hope this info is useful for all mexican Toplace users.

Nancy is a distributor for the DAVLYN Waterproof adhesives, so I bought from her a small bottle (0.5 oz) of Davlyn waterproof adhesive, a Davlyn removal and some tapes. I bought the tapes so I can test how good they are, since this is the first TL unit I have, I need to know which type of adhesive if more comfortable, tape or liquid.

I do, however have some questions that I would like to solve with you guys:

1.- Do you have any experience with the Davlyn products?, how good is the holding strenght?
2.- Can I use Davlyn only, or should I use Davlyn + tapes?, how long does the holding last?
3.- I have a French lace TL200. Is Davlyn compatible with this kind of lace?
4.- Any other thing I should know about this kind of adhesives?

As always, your help & support is highly appreciated.

Regards from México!!!

José
09-16-2009, 10:00 AM,
Hi Jose,
I've used the Davlyn glue. It's good stuff. Hair Club in the USA also sells it. It gives a stronger than medium hold but it's not as strong as Ultra Hold. You'll have no problem using it on the French lace. Good luck!
John
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM,
Thanks a bunch John!, it's good to know that there are people with experience in this kind of adhesives.

I would appreciate that you please answer for me these last 4 more questions I have:

1.- Should I use Davlyn only, or should I combine it with tape?, I assume that if I combine both adhesives I'll be able to get an extra hold, but if it's really necessary?, I mean, will I be Ok if first I use Davlyn only (to see how confortable liquid adhesive is), and then try tape only (again, to see how confortable is) or do I need to combine both? Did you have to combine Davlyn with other adhesives or with Davlyn alone were you Ok?

2.- For a first TL user like me, how much time would you recommend me to remove the unit and perform a complete scalp cleaning?, once per week, once every two weeks?,

3.- Under normal use, how much holding time you've got from Davlyn?, of course my biggest fear would be to have a "fallen" unit all of the sudden due to not being carefull with the holding strenght of Davlyn.

4.- Is Davlyn safe? I've heard that the are some adhsives that have toulenne or something like that, that might cause cancer (this could be a potential "urban legend" of course). Does Davlyn have this kind of sustance?

Sorry for being too picky, but I just wanna be sure I'm doing things the right way.
Regards!
09-19-2009, 04:52 PM,
Hello John

Please don't forget to answer those 4 questions for me. I promise those will be the last ones I'll make in a long time! :lol:

Regards!
09-20-2009, 02:15 AM,
Quote:1.- Should I use Davlyn only, or should I combine it with tape?, I assume that if I combine both adhesives I'll be able to get an extra hold, but if it's really necessary?, I mean, will I be Ok if first I use Davlyn only (to see how confortable liquid adhesive is), and then try tape only (again, to see how confortable is) or do I need to combine both? Did you have to combine Davlyn with other adhesives or with Davlyn alone were you Ok?

Tape and glues are kind of a 'try and see what works best for you' thing. They react differently depending on your skin type (oily, dry, normal) and your life style (active, excercise daily, normal, etc.). I consider myself a normal user (bike riding, lawn work, walking) and just Davlyn alone worked fine for me. I got a good 7-10 hold. Then some improved tapes came out and I switched to Walker No Shine tape which I currently use. The clean up was easier and the application was easier too. I use Base Bond or I Glue for touch ups. But again, you'll just have to experiment to see what you like best.

2.- For a first TL user like me, how much time would you recommend me to remove the unit and perform a complete scalp cleaning?, once per week, once every two weeks?,

It depends on your life style and level of hygiene that you're comfortable with. I like to remove, clean my scalp and re-attach every 7-10 days.

3.- Under normal use, how much holding time you've got from Davlyn?, of course my biggest fear would be to have a "fallen" unit all of the sudden due to not being carefull with the holding strenght of Davlyn.

As mentioned above, I got 7-10 days.

4.- Is Davlyn safe? I've heard that the are some adhsives that have toulenne or something like that, that might cause cancer (this could be a potential "urban legend" of course). Does Davlyn have this kind of sustance?

It's been a while since I've used it. Debbie--can you answer this question?

Regards,
John

pm

Answers: