Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better than got2b glued?
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM,
Better than got2b glued?
Has anyone out there ever found something that works better than got2b glued? I have used got2b spiking glue for attachment for quite some time now. Its just easier to put on and take off.. It works great.. but for the front hairline I don't care for it that much.. it lifts and stuff..

THe whole concept and idea of ease of use with got2b is great. attaching a system takes me minutes and i can get a solid hold for a few days at the least. But I still use oil resistant white glue for the hairline at the front center going towards the temples.. and for the temple flap areas i use got2b..

Just curious if there is anything out there that anyone has discovered that has the same ease of use and cleanup as got2b but an even stronger hold.. that would be the jackpot for me.
12-12-2011, 11:41 AM,
RE: Better than got2b glued?
Xeon, a few quick questions for ya, I was at my local supermarket last night seeing if there was anything I can pick up for when I begin wearing. There was a whole section of got2b products in the aisle, there was spiking cement, along with a host of other got2b products. Is this the stuff you use to hold your system down or is this just for spiking your hair? If you do use this for attaching system I assume this was not the intended use of product or am I just assuming incorrect, can it be used for this purpose or is there a specific got2b for attaching system? Thanks, and sorry to be asking you a question on your question.
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM,
I've seen the ones in the yellow bottle on the forum. Maybe I can find a pic. I think this is the one? A few people use it to actually attach the system because it holds fairly well (except for border areas as was said) and washes our in the shower for super easy clean up and attachment. It is supposed to be used in as a spiking gel that holds anything up, from front tips to mohawks. So it can hold a system on decently.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-13-2011, 08:55 AM,
tired it once, i was cught in the rain, heading into work, thank god, i had the bottle in my car, it loses bond very quick, with just a hint of water
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM,
(12-13-2011, 08:55 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: tired it once, i was cught in the rain, heading into work, thank god, i had the bottle in my car, it loses bond very quick, with just a hint of water

If you mix the Got 2b freezing spray with the spiking glue, it gives a great hold, but the freeze spray is a bitch to wash out of the lace.
12-13-2011, 10:14 AM,
(12-13-2011, 10:05 AM)winstonage Wrote: If you mix the Got 2b freezing spray with the spiking glue, it gives a great hold, but the freeze spray is a bitch to wash out of the lace.

Does that hold down the hairline for you? The spray's supposed to come off the lace with warm water... what do you actually have to do to clean it?
12-14-2011, 02:38 AM,
(12-13-2011, 10:14 AM)stealth Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 10:05 AM)winstonage Wrote: If you mix the Got 2b freezing spray with the spiking glue, it gives a great hold, but the freeze spray is a bitch to wash out of the lace.

Does that hold down the hairline for you? The spray's supposed to come off the lace with warm water... what do you actually have to do to clean it?

Stealth, I find that I need to gently rub my finger nail over the freeze spray as I am rinsing the lace. It becomes so tedious that the cleanup takes as long as a tape and glue clean up. Not worth the effort to me. It will hold the hairline for about 3 days.
12-14-2011, 07:36 AM,
That is the picture.. It is a product intended to use as a styling product to spike up your hair, however i buy and use it for a different purpose .. I use it to attach the base. I use a fairly thick amount so it doesn't come off easily with a little water. Especially on a skin base system .. i gotta really soak warm water and work it in .. if u have like ur own thin hairs.. it really attaches to the base like anchors.
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM,
Do you guys recommend got2be glued for newbs? Should I attach with this or tape first, I dont mind if it only lasts 3-4 days as its practice anyway, less cleanup but is this a god route to go in the beginning? Or should maybe I do a combination of both? I dont plan on exposing the hairline for a while.
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM,
(12-14-2011, 11:13 AM)justin sane Wrote: Do you guys recommend got2be glued for newbs? Should I attach with this or tape first, I dont mind if it only lasts 3-4 days as its practice anyway, less cleanup but is this a god route to go in the beginning? Or should maybe I do a combination of both? I dont plan on exposing the hairline for a while.

got 2b is a good way to go for a newbie for awhile, then you can transition to tapes and or glue.