Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL700 w/lace front
12-12-2011, 10:18 AM,
TL700 w/lace front
Has anyone here had a super thinskin (TL700) piece made with a lace front? If so, what is your opinion. I love the scalp appearance and secure attachment of tl700, but also the undetectability of a lace front.
12-12-2011, 10:54 AM,
RE: TL700 w/lace front
I don't have this particular model, but i have units that are skin base lace front, all skin, skin base and a skin front etc. I think this combination is fine.. There is one consideration though. If you have a very thin density.. U MIGHT be able to see some transition between the lace and the skin.. There is a minor color difference that could be picked up.. For me personally.. It never really was an issue. and I had it on a very low density piece. It should be fine.

One recommendation I have for a skin base.. If you only attach the perimeter, ur scalp with sweat and feel uncomfortable.. but if u do a full head bond.. even if u used got2b glued.. taking away the air between ur skin and the poly helps reduce discomfort or getting that sweaty feel.. probably because its blocking off ur oil glands..

Another thing is that attaching skin pieces is tricky sometimes. U can't use tapes like blue liner etc cause its a nightmare to get off.. even non residue leaves a residue on the super thinskins.. Try duo tac tape or got2b glued.. some skin pieces i didn' thave this issue.. some it was really ANNOYING.. even putting scotch tape down first was leaving a residue. So just keep that in mind as well. it might not happen at all for u