Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here
12-13-2011, 04:02 AM,
RE: New Here
Assuming they're are 150 active wearers of TL pieces on this board & each one had different order/waiting times, at all different parts of the year...how is that helpful to anyone? You wait for everyone to respond (which will never happen) & work out an average delivery time? I don't get it....Regards
12-13-2011, 04:14 AM,
I just want to chime in about the durability. I don't understand why people are advised to get french lace because SFS is too fragile for first timers. I have never ripped a SFS unit by tugging too hard or anything like that. I started with SFS and never had any problems with durability. French is like wearing a vegetable strainer on my head and it itches and has less of a hold for me. I would go SFS even as a newbie. The lace is very durable and you'd really need to abuse it to rip it accidently.
(12-12-2011, 01:35 PM)Hair Scare Wrote: The reason we bring up the shipping time is because it doesn't appear to always be between 4 and 6 weeks. The site might say one thing, but we are curious what happens in real life. If you notice, an order placed on Oct. 23rd has already passed it's "6 week" mark, and it will likely be AT LEAST another week since he hasn't even received confirmation that it has shipped. So we are bringing it up on the forum because we are curious what other people are experiencing in the real world. I have read that some come in 4-5. Others seem to take a while, I even read 3 months on one of these forums. So we don't mean to ask redundant questions, just want answers from humans instead of empty words.

To Eric, I ordered mine Nov. 1. So I hope to hear THE MINUTE yours comes so I know I'm about a week away. haha. I'm starting to get super excited! I'm hoping this will make the Holidays brighter. haha.

I'm wearing my 4th custom order from TL now and all mine came within 5 weeks. I expect my latest order to take a bit longer because of Christmas and New Year so I ordered a bit earlier. Have I just been lucky or do most here get theirs in around 4-6 weeks too?
12-13-2011, 11:07 AM,
(12-12-2011, 12:26 AM)VetteMan Wrote: Hello everyone

Ok i am the new guy, at this point i do not have a system as of yet, let's say i am in the getting as much info as i can stage, to make an informative decision about how i would like to proceed.

I have had my hair loss problem for year's, it has for the most part had a huge impact on my lifestyle. I'm sure you all understand that. But i found as i get older it bother's me even more, i find myself staying away from social gathering's, thing's like christmas parties, other more personal thing's like funeral's where everyone knows you have been hard to attend.

I have been searching around on here and have only found a few photo's from member's, what will be important for me is for this to be non detectable, i have much to learn and hopefully from this site and it's member's i will become more confidant about becoming a wearer.

you will love it once you get into the wearing routine.
and believe me , here yeah sure we go into techy details.
and it can seem daunting.
but when the systems cut in, bonded, its, its,well amazing!!!,
it turns back the clock,and modern systems don’t look like the stereotypical wigg,millionn miles from them so lose that misconception straight away,
you really have to meet a wearer in the flesh to be blown away by the 21st century technology, utterly amazing.

society really needs to change the old man wig attitude, and get with it.
there’d be a hell of a lot more happier folk in this world,
there’s nothing to worry about, when you look great,feel great.
hell , what more can i say, yeah sure im rambling because my hair was, is important to me.and wearing gave me it back.

the worst part, is the clean-up, de bond, that’s what they don’t mention in the glossy adds.
but it’s do able,and once you have a routine in place de bonding , bonding is a synch."life’s lessons, its easy when you know how"
how bloody dam true.

antySmile
12-13-2011, 05:54 PM,
Anty I really miss these pep talks! You were actually one of the main reasons I decided to order! I started reading several months ago (when you posted more often) and you always seemed so excited, like you were almost ready to run through the streets and grab all the bald people to show them what they are missing! Helped me to realize that wearing hair could really make you feel more confident and improve life. Thanks for all your words!!!
12-13-2011, 10:51 PM,
(12-13-2011, 11:07 AM)antywanty Wrote:
(12-12-2011, 12:26 AM)VetteMan Wrote: Hello everyone

Ok i am the new guy, at this point i do not have a system as of yet, let's say i am in the getting as much info as i can stage, to make an informative decision about how i would like to proceed.

I have had my hair loss problem for year's, it has for the most part had a huge impact on my lifestyle. I'm sure you all understand that. But i found as i get older it bother's me even more, i find myself staying away from social gathering's, thing's like christmas parties, other more personal thing's like funeral's where everyone knows you have been hard to attend.

I have been searching around on here and have only found a few photo's from member's, what will be important for me is for this to be non detectable, i have much to learn and hopefully from this site and it's member's i will become more confidant about becoming a wearer.

you will love it once you get into the wearing routine.
and believe me , here yeah sure we go into techy details.
and it can seem daunting.
but when the systems cut in, bonded, its, its,well amazing!!!,
it turns back the clock,and modern systems don’t look like the stereotypical wigg,millionn miles from them so lose that misconception straight away,
you really have to meet a wearer in the flesh to be blown away by the 21st century technology, utterly amazing.

society really needs to change the old man wig attitude, and get with it.
there’d be a hell of a lot more happier folk in this world,
there’s nothing to worry about, when you look great,feel great.
hell , what more can i say, yeah sure im rambling because my hair was, is important to me.and wearing gave me it back.

the worst part, is the clean-up, de bond, that’s what they don’t mention in the glossy adds.
but it’s do able,and once you have a routine in place de bonding , bonding is a synch."life’s lessons, its easy when you know how"
how bloody dam true.

antySmile

Hey Man thank's, hearing that make's me even more confident about doing this.

I guess somehow i just want to feel normal again, it has been so long that i can't remember when i didn't have a base-ball cap, that almost seem's sad that your hair can have such an effect on a persons life.
12-14-2011, 08:38 AM,
I completely agree with Hairenough when he questions the wisdom of advising French Lace to newbies.
I've never had a problem with Swiss Lace.
The fact that it disappears better is far more important to me.
I've only ever encountered problems with French lace, in terms of it being stiffer, more likely to irritate the skin and more difficult to maintain an attachment with.
Obviously thats just my experience.
But I agree that newbies shouldn't be put off trying all Swiss Lace, based solely on durability.
12-14-2011, 10:09 AM,
I have two fullcaps in French lace --there is a distinct difference in the texture of the lace between the two.... I actually contacted John when the second one arrived and asked him to check with the factory, to see if they`d used Swiss..apparently not ...they said both were French lace, so I`d have to assume they used a different `grade`of lace... I know French is said to be harder-wearing than Swiss, but I do agree, that it can be a bit misleading or, maybe makes newbies think that Swiss is so delicate that it will disintegrate after a few washes/wears....it`s a little lighter than French but is quite sturdy too...as long as you are not too harsh with it [ like working on a building site in a hard-hat all day] it will last just fine.... certainly with Fullcaps, you can have it in Swiss, but specify the area in front of the ears in the direction of the temples, to be either `double layer Swiss` or simply French as that area is subject to pressure/ `stress` from removals. I do agree though that newbies shouldn`t shy away from Swiss if they feel they`d like a nice `light`system... and yes, French can be itchy--much more than Swiss.
01-14-2012, 04:01 PM,
As this thread topic was "new here" I thought this would be as good a place as any to say hello and ask a newbie question. Have been reading the forum for a while and gathering as much info as I could and finally committed and ordered my first sfs system. Really some great information on this forum. Anyway, the system came in yesterday and the question I have is about the name tag attached to the underside at the front of the unit. I can't tell if it's glued or sewn but it is firmly attached at a point inside the hairline and I don't want to mess anything up trying to remove it the wrong way. I thought at first it might have just been glued so I tried some 91% alcohol on it to see if it would release but that didn't seem to work. Is there a specific procedure I need to follow? I looked through the forum with search but didn't come across anything about it. Thanks guys.
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM,
Hi Texas....the name-tag is actually positioned at the back of your system.... they are sewn on to lace with tiny stitches, but very tightly, ......my advice is to leave it alone..... you will find after some weeks of wear, that it is not so `tight`to the lace..... you can then carefully slip a hobby-knife blade in between the lace and tag and cut the stitches -----do NOT attempt this now.... guaranteed , you`ll cut/rip the lace...even after waiting a few weeks etc. there`s a high risk of ripping your lace.. I`d leave well alone.....trust me on this one...I`m speaking from [harsh ! ] experience. The last thing you need with your new system is a tear/rip in the lace.
If you don`t want a name tag on your next orders just specify that.....they`re more noticeable on lace as opposed to poly, as they are more `flat` and fused into the poly material. It won`t be as noticeable after a few washes etc. ...it will `soften` a bit. Cheers.
01-15-2012, 03:35 AM,
Hey Texas, I agree with Paul to leave it alone if you are doing your own cut in. When I had mine cut in my stylist removed it for me but she is very experienced with these things so if you have found a stylist with experience then they can remove it without any problems if not, just leave it.