Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freestyle instead of comb forward venting?
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM,
freestyle instead of comb forward venting?
hey guys who order freestyle. i was wondering if freestyle can be brushed forward neatly? see i order comb forward with a spikey front. the thing is.. sometimes i like using water to brush my hair back.. or atleast somewhat up. but the comb forward venting is pretty much a one dimensional thing. can anyone tell me if freestyle would be able to be combed forward neatly? or does it stick up in some areas? do you think it would be better for me to order freestyle with spike front or comb forward with spikey front?
12-12-2011, 04:17 AM,
RE: freestyle instead of comb forward venting?
Good question. I was thinking about the very idea of 'freestyle' ventilation the other day and how it seems to be a choice for randomness, and thus inconsistent hair pieces. I mean, isn't freestyle up to the whims of the person tying hairs into a base? How does the ventilator decide how to direct the hairs, is there a guideline that they follow? It seems to me that ordering something specific (come forward, comb back etc) would produce consistent hair behavior from piece to piece.

I would like to hear TL, or someone who knows a lot of about the process of hair piece production, to shed some light on this.
Elvis: I forgot to ask you about comb-forward ventilation. Do you find that you're able to at least style the hair, perhaps loosely parted on a side or a bit spikey, or is it just a stiff forward direction and there's nothing you can do with it? I ask because I just ordered a piece with comb forward ventilation and I am hoping to be able to at least do something with the front.
12-12-2011, 07:16 AM,
When hair is tied freestyle it is done in such a way that the hair should be able to be freely styled in any direction.
So yes you can comb and style it any way you want to with no problems.
The downside is that the knot is not as secure as say hair tied in a specific direction.
The reason being that to be able to achieve the uni directional attributes of the hair, the knot is slightly looser in construction and if done correctly and handled with care then there is no reason for it not to last as long before shedding or dryness of hair renders it unusable.
12-12-2011, 10:01 AM,
I find combing freestyle forward pretty easy. I think it has more of a tendency to want to go forward than backwards.. I think the problem is when you get freestyle and want your hair totally slicked back, than it might be easier to order a back direction. I have ordered freestyle and spikey front, and i have no problem combing the hair foward at all.. the spikey front jus tmakes it easier for me to get the hairs back or up if i want to.. its perfect for me.

Rule of thumb, from my experience.. Forward is easier.. but the hard part is getting the very front hairline back on some freestyle pieces.. Perfect combo for me so far is freestyle base, spikey front
12-13-2011, 12:37 AM,
I always got freestyle and it always has a forward bias but can be combed and styld in pretty much any direction but flat back. It can be parted anywhere. I have ordered flat forward with spikey front for my next unit because I want that more flat top I had with my natural hair all going forward. I brush mine forward anyway and flick the front up. Freestyle is good but I like the idea of the hair wanting to nautrally go forward after a gust of wind instead of me having to push it forward again. I'll see how it goes.
12-14-2011, 05:54 PM,
hairenough.. i do the same thing as you. with freestyle is it easy to flick the hair up? does it fall back down? and does it stand up? i wouldnt reccomend u order the comb forward spikey if you do what i do. i noticed that my flicked up hair always slowly goes forward over a short period of time.. because to combed forward vented hairs kinda push it. it looks weird. thats another reason why i wanna order freestyle. also you say freestyle doesnt brush back? but can it atleast brush straight up into a 90 degree angle? and possible a little more back like 100 degrees..?
12-17-2011, 11:17 AM,
bump....
12-18-2011, 11:03 AM,
" also you say freestyle doesnt brush back? but can it atleast brush straight up into a 90 degree angle? and possible a little more back like 100 degrees..?"

Usually it hairs go straight up just fine, or even back.. but sometimes with freestyle knotting some hairs want to go forward instead of back, so these hairs sometimes can be a pain.. But usually there is no problem combing the hair in the front straight up or even back.. Like I said though some pieces you will get some hairs that don't want to go back or even up. they want to forward.. so My suggestion.. at least from my last experience.. Ordering freestyle with spikey front works pretty nice.. the hairs in the front can easily be combed forward with no problem but they also can go back or straight up easier than free style. So that would be my recommendation based on my last piece from toplace