Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking all trades persons
12-09-2011, 01:09 PM,
Asking all trades persons
Hey there guys. For those who are tradespeople what kind of pieces do you wear. Full lace, sports piece, lace with poly sides. I've just made my template got it all ready but just curious what others have ordered. Looking forward to getting a toplace.
12-11-2011, 03:33 PM,
RE: Asking all trades persons
I'm not sure I (or anyone else) quite understands what you mean by 'tradespeople'?
Are you asking what type of system is used by people who are in the trade of selling hair or just anybody, in any 'trade'?

I assume you're asking in an attempt to get the best type of system.
There isn't a single, definitive 'best' system, there is only a system that best suits the wearer.
Thats why there are so many variances and choices, because we all have different & specific needs to cater for.
Its about finding the one that is best suited to you.
The same goes for attachment methods and styling/haircare products.
Lots of people can give you recommendations on all of the above, but they are only personal recommendations and opinions.
The more specific you are about you/your needs/lifestyle/activities etc, people will be able to be more specific in giving advice.
This applies to anyone asking for help.
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM,
(12-11-2011, 03:33 PM)Hersute Wrote: I'm not sure I (or anyone else) quite understands what you mean by 'tradespeople'?
Are you asking what type of system is used by people who are in the trade of selling hair or just anybody, in any 'trade'?

I assume you're asking in an attempt to get the best type of system.
There isn't a single, definitive 'best' system, there is only a system that best suits the wearer.
Thats why there are so many variances and choices, because we all have different & specific needs to cater for.
Its about finding the one that is best suited to you.
The same goes for attachment methods and styling/haircare products.
Lots of people can give you recommendations on all of the above, but they are only personal recommendations and opinions.
The more specific you are about you/your needs/lifestyle/activities etc, people will be able to be more specific in giving advice.
This applies to anyone asking for help.

I think he may be talking about people who work in the building trades, and possibly wear a hard hat.
12-11-2011, 03:44 PM,
Ha!
I see!
Here in the UK, 'trade people' usually refers to shop keepers!
We're divided by our common language!
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM,
Ya my typo. In Australia a tradesman means boilermaker,welder,carpenter,electrician.generally someone who wears a hardhat whilest working on a construction site. Did anyone know what piece is good to handle the riggers of constant hardhat wearing.
12-12-2011, 05:03 PM,
wear a bandana under your hard hat to protect the hair
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM,
Unfortunately some companies don't allow that. Big companies like BHPBilliton and RioTinto. Depending where u are some allow others don't. But getting back to my question what base would be best that could stand to the riggers of a hardhat.
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM,
I wonder would the TL 600 --Exercise base -- be best for work and get a Swiss lace for weekend wear? I know that may not be practical for a few reasons but my `concern`with wearing a hard hat frequently/all day would be the constant `pressure`/ rubbing around the perimeter if your perimeter comes `down`that far....if you only have a relatively small topper on the crown of the head, you`ll probably be fine with French lace-- depends on the size of the topper.
12-15-2011, 01:37 PM,
Hi,
I wear all french lace,in an office environment,but go out to building sites sometimes and have to wear a hard hat.I don't think a lace piece will last well under a hard hat,considering you will be bending,using tools,sweating etc.
When i take the hard hat off,my piece is well and truly flattened down from the weight of the hard hat,and im not on the tools either.

Perhaps direct this question to John at toplace,to see what he can recommend.I think Pauls suggestion above to keep lace for when you are not at work,is a good one,and find a base that can stand some rough treatment when you are at work

Regards topcat
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM,
I'm just gathering a feeling as to what others have worn. I currently have a lace with poly sides but I'm going to order from toplace as their prices are way more competitive than others. Althought it will be interesting to see what the increases wil be.
Can you order a piece now before the new year then send the template in.