Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM,
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
Look.
The bottom line is, unfortunately, for centuries, any male who is homosexual was looked down upon. Whether that person was black, white, catholic etc etc, being gay was viewed as not being "right"

To this day, this is still the case. Although with modern media, it seems to become a tad more acceptable. But do I see guys walking hand hand in hand with girls in the high street? Yes, i see it all the time. Do I see guys holding hands with other guys? No, i never see it and i would assume its due to the stigma attached to being gay and gays reluctance to exhibit themeselves in front of others. A heck of a lot of people feel uncomfortable being in the company of gay people, which i think is ridiculous

Why do so many famous soccer players, musicians etc "stay in the closet" for so long? its because of how people will view them if they come out the closet and the "disgrace and embarrrassment" they may have to live with. I give you Elton John, George Michael, Duncan James...they worried what the effect would have on them - but did it ruin their careers? No.

So please dont give me the "pity" and "homophobic" garbage, you dont know me - i have gay friends and i couldnt care less what their sexual preferences are

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - LTB - 12-09-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - LTB - 12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - Daveraver - 01-08-2012, 11:16 PM