Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
01-08-2012, 02:13 AM,
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
Hmmm.. I don`t normally get involved in topics/subjects which are not specifically ``Hair``[system] itself-related... I mean the technicalities/techniques.... but I do think that to suggest the Original Poster should try to somehow `undermine` this bully`s self-confidence etc. by `suggesting` he`s gay is, to my mind, disingenuous to gay people..many of whom wear and are members of this and other forums....most gay people are perfectly well-adjusted, normal human beings and to `use`the suggestion/hint that this guy is/may be gay, is to suggest that there is something `wrong`with gay guys..... just perpetuates the prejudice and negative attitudes/intolerance of `difference` that exists to varying degrees in different societies. It`s the same thing as if the guy had a different skin-colour to the person he`s annoying..would it be fair/right to suggest he`s doing it because of that difference? This guy is a bully, plain and simple...the reasons for his `behaviour` are probably buried deep within him /his upbringing etc....as such, he should be treated as an `isolated`individual.. I just think that to try to attach some kind of [perceived negative] `label` to him in front of his peers, does a disservice to gay people and reinforces the negativity they already suffer..his behaviour should simply be challenged openly for what it is---Bullying....he should be made aware of it and it`s effects, in front of his peers....after all, such bullys engage in their behaviour both to appear to be a `leader` and as `superior`. He probably thinks he`s being `smart/ big` ....he is neither of those things.... I`m all for tolerance in the world...just my 2-cents worth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - LTB - 12-09-2011, 09:43 PM
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - LTB - 12-10-2011, 08:57 PM
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend - Paul In Ireland - 01-08-2012, 02:13 AM