Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
01-08-2012, 09:31 AM,
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
(01-08-2012, 01:36 AM)Daveraver Wrote: What i would do if it was happening to me is to mock his antics in front of other people. When he does it, call him "gay" and the only reason why he does this is so he can get up close to guys then go home afterwards to jerk off. This will make him insecure and he will worry that people will think he is a homo
You need to make a BIG thing out of it, try and get others to jump on your band waggon and support your "theory"

I reckon if he thinks people believe his is gay and gets his kicks from what he does, he will suddenly stop his nonsense and you can breathe easy...!

What if the bully is gay? What then?
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM,
"club PC"......hmmmmm, you mean the club where people have respect and decency toward fellow human being regardless of their race, creed, religion or sexual preference? the club where you judge folks by thier actions instead of ignorant, idiotic stereotypes? Sounds like a club we should encourage everyone to join, not disparage those with the good sense who already have.
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM,
Look.
The bottom line is, unfortunately, for centuries, any male who is homosexual was looked down upon. Whether that person was black, white, catholic etc etc, being gay was viewed as not being "right"

To this day, this is still the case. Although with modern media, it seems to become a tad more acceptable. But do I see guys walking hand hand in hand with girls in the high street? Yes, i see it all the time. Do I see guys holding hands with other guys? No, i never see it and i would assume its due to the stigma attached to being gay and gays reluctance to exhibit themeselves in front of others. A heck of a lot of people feel uncomfortable being in the company of gay people, which i think is ridiculous

Why do so many famous soccer players, musicians etc "stay in the closet" for so long? its because of how people will view them if they come out the closet and the "disgrace and embarrrassment" they may have to live with. I give you Elton John, George Michael, Duncan James...they worried what the effect would have on them - but did it ruin their careers? No.

So please dont give me the "pity" and "homophobic" garbage, you dont know me - i have gay friends and i couldnt care less what their sexual preferences are
01-09-2012, 06:10 AM,
Ugh, just deleted what I wrote. Dave you are not 'getting' the point I & other posters are making at all, that's proof of 'ignorance', & a Hair Piece forum is not the place to make you see things.. I'm done with this thread now. Regards
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM,
(01-08-2012, 11:16 PM)Daveraver Wrote: Look.
The bottom line is, unfortunately, for centuries, any male who is homosexual was looked down upon. Whether that person was black, white, catholic etc etc, being gay was viewed as not being "right"

To this day, this is still the case. Although with modern media, it seems to become a tad more acceptable. But do I see guys walking hand hand in hand with girls in the high street? Yes, i see it all the time. Do I see guys holding hands with other guys? No, i never see it and i would assume its due to the stigma attached to being gay and gays reluctance to exhibit themeselves in front of others. A heck of a lot of people feel uncomfortable being in the company of gay people, which i think is ridiculous

Why do so many famous soccer players, musicians etc "stay in the closet" for so long? its because of how people will view them if they come out the closet and the "disgrace and embarrrassment" they may have to live with. I give you Elton John, George Michael, Duncan James...they worried what the effect would have on them - but did it ruin their careers? No.

So please dont give me the "pity" and "homophobic" garbage, you dont know me - i have gay friends and i couldnt care less what their sexual preferences are

Historically Dave, there have also been times when being black or Catholic have also been viewed as not being 'right'.
And in crazy places, untouched by education, you'll find social dinosaurs saying & believing it still.
They can carry on saying those things & perpetuating bigotry amongst themselves, but not in the real wide world, where rational people will challenge them.
Thats all that is happening here.
You'll find you'll be challenged more & more.
Bigotry is passée' now.
Don't know where you live in the UK Dave, but I see guys holding hands & showing affection all the time.
Maybe I just live somewhere more normal & cosmopolitan?
You'll also find straight men in Turkey & Arabic countries openly hold hands, even the soldiers.
And in many cultures homosexuals and transsexuals are revered.
Especially Asian & Polynesian ones.
So I think you're right when you say your views are blinkered by where you live and that you & your piers haven't had the benefit of broadening your minds through travel & experience, even within your own country.
But many people have travelled, so you're fast becoming the minority, espousing that sort of out dated rhetoric.
The world has changed and expressing those opinions is fast becoming an anathema, even in Britain's backwaters.
Its never too late to catch up though.
01-10-2012, 05:23 AM,
I agree, where I live overshadows gays etc. My part of the world is more focused on religion. I have witnessed open gayness in places like Paris but that simply would never happen in the UK, maybe apart from London?

I'd like to confirm to anyone out there that I am not homophobic, racist or bigoted. I'd hate it if anyone disliked me for what I believe in. My favourite musician is gay !!!

Live and let live
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM,
Again Dave,

I have to say you need to get out more!
You'll find gay people leading perfectly ordinary open lives in ANY city in the UK.
But you don't have to even leave your house to realise this.
Social media & the internet would be enough to make ANYONE realise this.

Please understand, as far as I'm concerned, you are entitled to hold any belief you wish.
However, if you are going to express it ANYWHERE outside of your own 4 walls, you should expect to get berated for being outdated & sounding bigoted.
Because as I said before, the rest of the world has moved on from where you live.
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM,
(01-10-2012, 08:58 AM)Hersute Wrote: Again Dave,

I have to say you need to get out more!
You'll find gay people leading perfectly ordinary open lives in ANY city in the UK.
But you don't have to even leave your house to realise this.
Social media & the internet would be enough to make ANYONE realise this.

Please understand, as far as I'm concerned, you are entitled to hold any belief you wish.
However, if you are going to express it ANYWHERE outside of your own 4 walls, you should expect to get berated for being outdated & sounding bigoted.
Because as I said before, the rest of the world has moved on from where you live.

Emmm, i live and work in one of the top 3 cities in the UK and i take a walk for an hour or two and in all my 25 years of doing so i have NEVER once witnessed two guys together in open public. ive saw a few girls - whcih for some reason seems to be more acceptable

i also travel in Europe quite a fair bit to cities like Milan, Rome, Prague etcand i dont see it happen

i can only comment on what I see, so please spare me the "need to get out bit" i find that insulting if im honest

Go read about the German soccer player, Mario Gomez, asking for soccer players to come out the closet, despite the warning that any player doing so, could ruin their career by doing so. This may explain my reasoning and here is a snippet:
-----------------------------------------------------------

A leading German footballer has urged gay players to come out and called for a radical rethink about homosexuality in the sport.

The Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez has broken ranks with the football establishment, including members of his own team and the German football federation, who have warned that coming out could destroy a player's career.

But Gomez, who has not said whether he is gay, told a German magazine that being honest about their sexuality would improve gay players' performance.

"They would play as if they had been liberated," Gomez said. "Being gay should no longer be a taboo topic."

The 25-year-old, who was voted German footballer of the year in 2006-7, added that there were plenty of role models in the rest of German society to give gay players the courage to come out. "We've got a gay vice-chancellor [Guido Westerwelle]; the Berlin mayor [Klaus Wowereit] is gay. So professional footballers should own up to their preference," he said.

There are no openly gay players in Germany's Bundesliga, reflecting the situation across the football world, although it is estimated that about 10% of players are gay.

The only German footballer to have come out is Marcus Urban, who told his teammates in 1997 and promptly ended his professional career. The 39-year-old waited until 2007 before going public with his story, saying he had hoped to encourage other gay players and trainers to come out and thus contribute to more acceptance and tolerance in football.
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM,
hmm to be honest being gay is not that much accepted as you all believe or wish.
Its sad but its true. I have someone in my circle of friends who is gay and the majority dont want to deal with him. Of course not openly, direct or behind his back, its more subconscious.

But he really acts like a "sissy" or a "queen" so maybe thats the reason.
I dont know but the thing what i want to say is, that in the younger generations the topic "being gay" is not really accepted like you all wish.
Mysteriously lesbians dont have this stigma
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM,
Dave, from what you've said to-date, are you religious?