Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
12-09-2011, 04:29 PM,
RE: Dealing with an Obnoxious Friend
(12-09-2011, 01:06 PM)ozziepete Wrote: And u let this guy do this to you. I would be telling him straight and outright to bugger off with his kindergarten antics. If he ignores u and doesn't respect ur wishes find a better friend.

I say kick his ass and get it over with....then he'll stop. If you're worried about being seen as the bad guy, just wait till your drinking again and then kick his ass. Then play it off as being drunk. Hopefully he'll get embarrassed enough that he'll stop hanging out with you friends or he'll see that he is a total jackass and stop.

I had the same type friends when i was 18 which was when my hairloss was real bad so i wore a hat ALL the times. And there was that one guy that always wanted to slap the bill of your hat and knock it off. We never fought but i tried to. Basically I called him out on all his bullshit and how bad he needs to fucking grow up cause his shit pisses everyone off. He backed down and got real quiet after that. He was still a goof off, but he didnt pull the annoying touchy headlock shit anymore....problem solved. And we are still good friends 10 years later Smile
12-09-2011, 09:43 PM,
Before you start to wear make sure you are in his company and make sure you convey to your other friends how tiresome his behaviour is to you and that if it wasn't for their friendship you would have walked away ages ago.
This will ensure that they know how you feel and probably they feel the same way also so could provide good back up to you.
As soon as he makes any move towards you put your hand up with your palm facing him and calmly tell him that if he ever so much as thinks he can touch you or come into your personal space you will rip his head off.
Be very firm and calm in your tone and keep constant eye contact.
And if he has no brains at all and makes his move then simply with all the energy you can muster head butt him squarley on the nose and follow up with a good sound beating, i will gaurantee that you will have no more trouble from this ass wipe!
12-10-2011, 12:27 AM,
I had a work collegue who would comment on my hair before I started covering it up, I would dread going to work and try and avoid him, eventually he left which was a huge relief, sometime after someone else commented on my hair, not on a nasty way as the previous person but I'd had enough and I told him what I thought of him and I didnt mince my words, after that he never said anything. I just wished I had said that before it would of saved a lot of worry. My advice is just tell him to piss off and not in a joking way like you may have done before make sure he knows you dont like it, you might feel a bit embarrassed but I cant see how else you can stop it happening.
12-10-2011, 01:26 AM,
@standbyme was they commenting on your piece?
12-10-2011, 02:31 AM,
@sagem:
standbyme said:
"I had a work colleague who would comment on my hair before I started covering it up"
12-10-2011, 03:53 AM,
Yep should of read the post a little closer ..
12-10-2011, 12:28 PM,
Standbyme, ltb, I think you two are right. Good advice. Time I tell him off and if he continues, I pop his head off like damn wine quark. Hahaha. I don't know why people find that behavior acceptable, seriously.
12-10-2011, 08:57 PM,
HairScare,violance is not acceptable in society, hence why i said be firm and controlled in you mannerisms and tone of voice, but sometimes when push comes to shove needs must,but it is the last resort.
Equally this guys behaviour is just as unacceptable for many reasons.
12-11-2011, 02:07 AM,
(12-10-2011, 01:26 AM)sagem Wrote: @standbyme was they commenting on your piece?

No I wasnt wearing then it was comments on my hairloss.
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM,
I've had to deal with guys like this before too, ones that are in my close circle of friends so it appears they are not going anywhere, As white trash as it sounds, there may be a pecking order that needs to be established, these guys usually thrive on attention, the easiest thing I would think to do is before you start wearing if possible, the next headlock you recieve, pop off, I'd say this dude is not expecting that from you which is why he is behaving like this, after having a good blast or two to the face he will definitely think twice before acting so cute.. haha. Good luck man. I cant stand douche bags like that..