Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Athletes: Ever had hair fall off/slip?
12-09-2011, 12:25 PM,
RE: Calling All Athletes: Ever had hair fall off/slip?
I lift weights, play baseball, golf, basketball, football, etc and its never come off. I've had girls come up to me as bars and tussle my hair to mess it up and it doesn't move. Its all about how you bond and how often you de-bond and reattach obviously. I use Ghost Bond and de bond every 2.5 to 3 weeks
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM,
When I was part of a hair club and always tried to extend visits because of high prices I did nearly have a disaster. Mainly because I relied on them to attach. One day swimming at the pool diving in my system nearly ripped off, well it felt like that. Diving into the pool the front attachment game way due to over extended attachment and breakdown of the glue. When swimming. Makes sure ur bond won't break down on the hairline. It's never happened since. Thankfully I'm no part of a hair club. Wearing hair and DIY is easy.
One thing that surprises me in the posts is no pics of the sports lace piece how good it is, how many have it, what they think of it.
Does anyone have one. What's it like?
12-09-2011, 04:37 PM,
Quote:Are white glues really that week? I understand a lot of people use ORWG, does it really come off with one splash of water?
I would not say they are week, but most are water based glues. So yeah, water will soften the glue. A splash, no. If you are sweating and its hot and you get a splash of cold water ( like I did ) I can not deny that, it will come loose.

Quote: I never thought a baby grabbing the hair could loosen it or make it move....
??? huh, dude My son pulls my wife's hair out. Baby's have a grip of death!

If you find, like myself, that white glues work best then try davlyn black. It is the only clear glue that works for me. Also remember the first 3-4 day are the strong hold after that its going to come off if pulled to hard. On a fresh glue the hair will pull out before the unit comes off ( depending on how much hair is being gripped ). Either way you go, glue or no glue, pulling on a unit is just not acceptable.

Most importantly above all, its up to your skin. You have Biltmore602 here saying he gets 2.5 - 3 weeks hold, yet people like BA get 3-4 days hold. If I need a good string week hold I use clear glue all around with tape in the center. I bring white glues for touch ups. Been doing this for 7 years and only had that one bad experience.