Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I might have too go full cap /:
12-06-2011, 01:29 PM,
I might have too go full cap /:
I'm so devastated right now. I didn't want too go full cap but now i have too. My sides don't really have alot of growth or strength and my temples don't grow at the same pace as my other hair. My side burns and edges are thinning also. What would be the best route to go? is a topper still possible with thin sides?
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM,
RE: I might have too go full cap /:
1) How old are you?

2) Are you thinning all over, or just at the front?

3) When did the other males in your family start going bald?

Go to your gp first, get blood work done and see if you're deficient in any minerals etc.

You could try toppik/dermmatch on the sides. Do you have any pics?
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM,
(12-06-2011, 02:10 PM)Spartan Wrote: 1) How old are you?

2) Are you thinning all over, or just at the front?

3) When did the other males in your family start going bald?

Go to your gp first, get blood work done and see if you're deficient in any minerals etc.

You could try toppik/dermmatch on the sides. Do you have any pics?

I'm 23 years old

Well my dad went bald in his early 20's but i think his sides were full.

I got blood tests done and nothing came back deficient.

I uploaded a pic of my sides. As you can see my side burn is faded along with the edges.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-06-2011, 02:45 PM,
I see what you mean now, thanks for uploading the pics.

Have you tried any toppik/dermmatch?

I see what you are saying about a fullcap, but it would be a shame to shave all your existing hair off, especially as you are young. I have no sides and wear a front partial that covers the front and all the sides, but I leave my back hair...and brush everything forward with the front spiking up. But I am seriously considering getting a transplant, as FUE has come on over the years, Im in my late 20's.

Its a trade off with wanting standout hair...but that draws attention...and leads to people wanting to touch it. Or something average, but that still requires work with maintance...nothing is easy, especially at first. You could even buzz your hair short, and try a fullcap over the top...if you don't like it, you could get it down to a topper.
12-06-2011, 04:17 PM,
(12-06-2011, 02:45 PM)Spartan Wrote: I see what you mean now, thanks for uploading the pics.

Have you tried any toppik/dermmatch?

I see what you are saying about a fullcap, but it would be a shame to shave all your existing hair off, especially as you are young. I have no sides and wear a front partial that covers the front and all the sides, but I leave my back hair...and brush everything forward with the front spiking up. But I am seriously considering getting a transplant, as FUE has come on over the years, Im in my late 20's.

Its a trade off with wanting standout hair...but that draws attention...and leads to people wanting to touch it. Or something average, but that still requires work with maintance...nothing is easy, especially at first. You could even buzz your hair short, and try a fullcap over the top...if you don't like it, you could get it down to a topper.

Can you upload your hairstyle or a picture of your system?
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM,
Hey loadingNOW,

Don't sweat it. There is still some negativity toward full caps floating around but most of the guys who have gone that route didn't regret it.

With the right template you could probably get by with a partial unit for now, but I see from your photos that you will probably need to transition to a full cap sooner or later. My sides were much worse than your when I made the switch. I was at the point where I had to cake on the concealers and it just wasn't practical to continue to use a partial unit.

If you do decide to go with a partial unit make sure you build in plenty of recession and keep the density light. I know that sounds counter-intuitive to what you are trying to accomplish but with thinning sides you have to be extra conservative or it is going to look "off".

Let us know how everything goes.