Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British footballer transplant pics. links
12-06-2011, 09:08 AM,
British footballer transplant pics. links
I`m not a follower/fan of that area of life, but in this part of the world you`d hear this guy`s name mentioned on radio / TV at times. He is on mega-bucks...serious amounts of money per week....he got a hair transplant procedure done a few months ago..... the first link shows an item on a tabloid paper.... note, it was dated 07th June last [just under the name of the writer of the piece] -----
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...plant.html
The next link shows current images of him .....click on each pic for the bigger view and click on the pic again to re-size it back.
Looks pretty good really ... I suppose at his age and with his money, he could expect to have a better outcome than an older person... I still think it`s `invasive` and a bit like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.... still, I think he`s had a good result so far.
http://waynerooneyonline.com/pictures-wa...ier-league
12-08-2011, 12:59 AM,
RE: British footballer transplant pics. links
There were rumours of possible concealer being used, I doubt it but some very well known people on the HT forums were pretty solid in their opinion. I doubt someone who rocked the balding look would suddenly use concealer after a HT especially as a pro footballer where they have to play in all weather conditions. But most HT patients have to wait many months after their surgery before showing any results rooney had what looked like great results after only about 3 months. Plus when rooney let his hair grow out the baldness wasnt as noticable as when he shaved it really close so the chance in appearance can sometimes be less than it seems.

Added to that he went to a UK doc, uk doc's have a poor rep in the HT field, but if his results are genuine it certainly makes you wonder if the uk is catching up. Some cynics may think that as he's famous and a walking advertisement he would of recieved the best possible help with a money no option approach. One of the main reasons I havent had a ht is the travel I couldnt face travelling around the world on my own to have the surgery but if your going down the ht route you cant put travel in the way.

Theres no doubt thesedays if you do your research your likely to get good results but so many dont research it.

Rooney lost a lot of hair at n early age which isnt ideal for a HT he would I assume have tahe propecia for a year or so to see if he responds and of course he will now need to take it all the time, if hes lucky and has the donor further HT's would be likely maybe for the crown. I think unless you see it in person and know if concealer is or isnt being used then thats the only way you'll know for sure how good the results are thats why most people are told to see ht patients before having the op.

I've decided to take the hair piece rourte as I've thought about a HT for years and never done it at least with a hair piece I can look back and say I looked good, and the chances are the hair piece would look better or at least as good as a HT so it feels I havent wasted years.

I don't want to sound like a prick but one of the reasons I stopped going on hairloss forums was the posts of celebs and HT's, I dont want to know, so I thought a hair piece forum would not have these posts. Would it be possible to post about celebs and HT's in the lounge?
12-08-2011, 03:03 AM,
(12-08-2011, 12:59 AM)standbyme Wrote: I don't want to sound like a prick but one of the reasons I stopped going on hairloss forums was the posts of celebs and HT's, I dont want to know, so I thought a hair piece forum would not have these posts. Would it be possible to post about celebs and HT's in the lounge?

i dont understand this^^ i love to see that they are also just humans like us Tongue
12-08-2011, 03:44 AM,
The reason I posted was that [ a] he seemed to have had `spectacular` results, which as you pointed out, you [like me] would have large question-marks in my mind about] and [b] the Lounge is supposed to be about non-hair related topics, but I do understand your point. I`m not in the slighted bit interested in these `Celebs` or Celebrity -culture, but because I have seen coverage of this particular guy/his `hair` even on TV here, it got so much coverage, that I was interested to see what people `make`of it..... personally I think there is more `going on `here than meets the eye ... and it can be of interest to be able to do a `comparison` in your mind of how we look with our system as opposed to a guy like this, who, to be fair to him , was very `open`about the whole thing instead of being afraid of being kind of stigmatised......systems for me every time though.