Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My story...
12-05-2011, 10:00 AM,
My story...
OK so I decided to post my story as i am tired of feeling alone in this whole thing...

To cut a very long story short...

I was a customer of BA..the pieces were ok..nothing special...the customer service throughout my 6 years with him was touch and go.. you never really knew where you stood. In the last year or so it became so bad (for whatever reason) that many customers decided to leave and go to toplace or elsewhere... with pieces owing to them or money.. or BOTH as was in my case. I used to order toppers and get fairly good results with a lot of hard work on my end, not becasue his pieces came back with right specs at all.

So i had no pieces left and my topper was dying and BA promised me about the 100th time I would recieve my piece this week etc and it was already 6 months late at the time and he KNEW how much i needed it for an important occasion.. did he choose to be honest with me and let me know its not really coming? nah, he could care less. the loser really didnt bother about ANY of his customes.... and the reason i KNOW this is becasue i was probably 1 of his MOST loyal... so if he can treat me like that then.. everyone else is not worth anythin eigher.

So anyway, i was stuck with no piece, no options. I could have ordered from another supplier at the time but the truth is i was blind and i really believed him when he said it would be here for sure..

so.... i had no choice but to shave my head.....

Imagine.. you work in a work place where hundreds of people know you as a young man, good looking who has nice hair... then one day you come to work as bald as a cue...

My heart was racing that morning as i got in my car.. you cant imagine how nervous i was.. i told myself.. if i can do this... then i woul have the courage to do almost anything else in life..

My plan was to make people believe i got a very very close shave.... I actually used a few tricks... i used first a VERY sharp razor to get rid of 99% of the stubble, then i used skin color consealer to rub over my head to further reduce any 'shadow' from the stubble (which works very well), then i used a spray tan to tan my head so it looks well tanned like the rest of my body and that hides the stubble even more. Doing those three things... its actually very hard to know if a person is bald or just shaves bald for style.

Yes people were surprised my hair was gone, some said it looks great and liked it, others said i looked better before i 'shaved'. but no one was guessing i was really bald or had a wig before.

SO... ive just had 4 months off holiday leave i accrued.. no one has seen me for about 3.5 months. and i still have 1 more month... so im hoping i can get this full cap right, get back to work and ppl will just think i grew my hair back...

thats my story.. condensed...

there are a million of others feelings and experiences i had during the 3 months of being 'bald' at work but too much to type here.

My full cap is due soon and ill keep u all updated.

thanks for letting me share !

CB
12-05-2011, 10:20 AM,
RE: My story...
(12-05-2011, 10:00 AM)cowboy Wrote: there are a million of others feelings and experiences i had during the 3 months of being 'bald' at work but too much to type here.
Hah, cool story. Write more when you get a chance.
12-09-2011, 07:52 AM,
RE: My story...
Thanks for sharing bro, I went through something similar at work. It really is amazing how much hair changes your appearance and how losing it can really impact your life.