Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dealing with sweating and working out (all lace system)
09-27-2011, 06:04 PM,
dealing with sweating and working out (all lace system)
Ive heard a lot of things about people who work out while wearing a system.. they complain about how sweat doesnt get to their hair because of their base which looks funny.. they complain about the system smelling bad after because the scalp cant breathe etc etc.
since im getting an all lace system.. will any of this even be a problem?
my sweat will run through the base im sure.. which will wet my hair.. my base will allow my scalp to get wet and clean in the shower which would also allow me to go up to 2 weeks atleast in bond times without an odor?
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM,
RE: dealing with sweating and working out (all lace system)
The perimeter will be bonded at the very least, so about 10% attached and 90% `free`lace. Sweat will be trapped under that [bond]...shower-water will not get at it. The acids in sweat will gradually damage any base so my advice would be if you intend doing activities during which you will sweat heavily, you might want to do a more frequent clean-up just to prolong your system`s life and avoid scalp-irritation which can ensue from moisture/sweat being trapped under your bonded area.....if you notice any redness/itching there, just leave the system off overnight and apply a thin layer of sudocreme --great for any type of skin irritation and has a drying-effect... Paul.
12-03-2011, 09:50 PM,
My experience working out while wearing a lace piece w/ perimeter bond: As Paul pointed out, the hair above the bond will be dry ... as for the rest ... even w/ the porous lace, that hair still does not absorb sweat though the lace at the same rate or degree as my growing side/back hair. It's still an unnatural looking difference in "sweatiness" factor (to my eye) ... it may just be my circumstances - blonde fine hair, worn a bit longer - but I still wear a hat or bandana when working out ... I've also soaked the system hair w/ water during the workout to disguise this.

Maybe someone w/ dark hair, thicker texture, cut short at sides/back would have less of a problem here ... others' experience or tips welcome.

FB
12-04-2011, 05:44 AM,
All you have to do before any training is put your head under the tap and wet your hair,make it look like you are freshening up and cooling yourself before a work out.
Many people with their own hair do this also.
And hey presto! no more dry and wet hair to worry about!!!
12-05-2011, 07:36 AM,
Just style ur hair with pomade or wax works ... this gives a wet look to the hair already and lasts awhile..
12-05-2011, 08:39 AM,
LTB's idea seems to make the most sense. Run some h2o through it and go work out. It won't totally dry out for at least a good hour and that's plenty of time for any work out. No need in putting a bunch of product in the hair before each work out which could cause build up and potentially shorten the life of the hair.