Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Recent Fullcap Pics
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM,
Some Recent Fullcap Pics
Hi Guys, I had this system styled, in late June..so by end of December, it will be 6 months old. These pics. were taken under artificial light. I had `treated`the system 2 days earlier with `Remysoft` shampoo and conditioner [pictured] --no other products had been applied at the time I took these shots. I had `half-flash` applied on the camera, as the artificial light was not the brightest. Hope they are of interest.
p.s. -- In the second-last pic [the crown]..I was sitting directly under a strong lamp and the camera makes it look like the hair is less dense than it actually is.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-05-2011, 01:31 AM,
RE: Some Recent Fullcap Pics
Great pics! For 6 months,that's AWESOME. Would you say the full caps have less shedding than the toppers you used to wear,or is it just how you care for the hair? Anyway,much thanks for the pics,and all your contributions!
12-05-2011, 01:50 AM,
Hi shwaap, thanks for that.... there`s no difference in my care-routine [toppers/fullcap] I`m not a fan of frequent shampooings --the Remysoft is specifically formulated for system hair , but I still use it sparingly.... when I do use it, [ every 3-4 weeks] I leave the conditioner on/in for about 15 minutes or more. I then use my `Enhance`leave-in conditioner in between washings....I mist the hair daily with water and style it after a few darts of `Enhance` onto the damp hair. Also I don`t sleep with the system on my head, which probably helps to `preserve`it.... always sleep on satin or silk pillow-slips if leaving your system on over night. Dryness causes shedding..too much shampooing, exposure to highly-chlorinated water, sun-exposure etc., all have a negative impact on any system hair and dry it out [even growing hair is impacted by those things] so if you can do your best to avoid those and `nurse`your system, you can get a decent duration before having to replace it. Paul.
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM,
PII its pictures like these which look fntasticac and continue to give me hope for my full cap. due in a few weeks.. can i ask you, when looked at up close, does the side burn area look fairly natural? thats my biggest worry.

thanks mate

CB
12-05-2011, 10:15 AM,
Hi cowboy...my biggest worry was the back/nape. If you look closely at pic 2, you`ll see a little curling-out of the very tips of the system just at the bottom of the sideburn...there is a straight line of hair under it against the skin [growing hair]. The `curl` is simply because the system was freshly-washed and a little curl can appear here and there for a few days until it all `settles`again...the straight line of hair is the few millimeters of growing hair I`ve kept just there..exactly for such an occurrence--it provides an optical illusion if the system hair `misbehaves`a bit...I could have gelled it down or wet it and curled it inwards with a brush while gently blow-dried it with a hair-dryer, but to answer your question--no it looks fine...no bothers at all really. I can understand your concerns but just make sure your stylist doesn`t get`` carried away``with the scissors at that point as it`s very visible.... keep a few mils. of you own hair there if possible...your base will be `up`a bit from there so you can allow the bit of system hair to lie on top of the bit of growing hair...it just `softens` the look ..... I hope your system is all that you want...the waiting -game is nerve-wracking !! I`m sure it`ll be fine... just `watch`the stylist---I always give a new system at least one shampooing to get rid of factory -residue [silicone in particular,if on the lace, as it will prevent a good bond] and remove excess colouring.....don`t get a fright when you see the water changing colour ! ...I then sit it on a head-form for a few days, mist it daily with water and give it a gentle brushing...helps it to `relax`/settle.....then I get it styled. I usually leave just a little bit `on it`[in terms of hair-length]as it`s still settling-in.....go back to the stylist after a week or so for any little `tweaking` here and there....very best wishes with it all......Paul.
12-05-2011, 11:50 AM,
Dear PII,

Thanks for your reply mate i will definetly try to incorporate your advice. I am hoping that since there is no blending issues it will be easier to make look natural as always had very thin sides and i had to use SOO much spray to make it look good with a topper..to get the piece to blend with my own hair.. it was a nightmare... im really hoping a FC will eliminate this and really look natura without toooo much effort... haha maybe im hoping for too much

thanks again mate

CB
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM,
Hey Paul I looked at pic 2 and I dont see anything! Your pics are real good and an inspiration, great job man, I hope my results are even close to yours!
12-06-2011, 07:47 PM,
Hey Justin.. yeah , I was just pointing out a slight `imperfection` and saying how minor it is....I`m `fussy` and have eyes like a hawk!! Whenever a system is washed it can `mis-behave`a little for a day or two as the hair `fluffs up` here and there. I think getting the density right helps with a more natural look....too heavy can look `wiggy`.... just looking at the 2nd-last shot under the bright light shows the forward ventilation quite well..you can see the hair is lying `naturally`crown-to-front. Fingers crossed that your system will be as you want--generally though, I`ve been really happy with Toplace systems... only issue I had was density was too high on one system but I thinned it pretty good... ideal situation--``all your own hair``--- not a choice any of us have on here any more, so this is Toplace option is the next best thing for me. Cheers and thanks for the feedback ! Paul.
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM,
Looks like you got your maintenance routine down to a science Paul!

Pretty amazing how much life you can get out of the hair when you really dial it in.