Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting glue out of hair
12-04-2011, 07:49 AM,
Getting glue out of hair
I went to do a "touch up" this morning with white glue on my lace piece, and I guess I didn't let the glue try well enough before I attached it. Seems like quite a bit of glue seeped through the lace into the hair and I can't get it out. Sad Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
12-04-2011, 08:30 AM,
RE: Getting glue out of hair
You`ll probably end up doing a total de-bond because the only real way to get that out is to apply glue-melter or better again, a citrus-based dissolver, which will most likely seep /spread on the lace and de-bond the system over a bigger area---if it`s only a small-ish area affected, just soak a cotton pad [one of those make-up remover pads] in glue-melter and dab at the base of the affected hairs and when the glue softens, gently squeeze the pad around a small `clump`of hair and gently draw the melted glue off...... the problem with not letting the glue go almost dry first before pressing the lace down, is that it seeps through and not alone dries in lumps around the base of the hair, but also `solidifies`the lace---you might `get away` with that until your scheduled de-bond, and then you can give it a good soaking with dissolver and rinse it through.....go gently so as not to tear out hairs. Let us know how it goes....
12-04-2011, 02:01 PM,
Wow Paul, don't know what I'd do without you! Thanks so much!!

I'll let you know how this works!
12-13-2011, 08:58 AM,
Hey egghead,

If you have problems removing glue from the hair, soak the area with adhesive remover and roll the hair strands between your fingers. The object is to break it up into much smaller clumps. This will allow the shampoo to be able to strip it away.

If you have some adhesive that really doesn't want to come out of the hair you can also use a soft bristle toothbrush to comb it out once the adhesive remover has had time to penetrate.