Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
airplane trip
12-04-2011, 05:44 AM,
airplane trip
i have to go a flight not long just 2 days, probaly wont even need my glue, but i was wondering, i have clear glue, will that go bad in luggage,reason im saying is that in cargo it gets really cold, not sure if im allowed to take something like that on carry on, how do you guys transport your glue, is white glue suffer the same effects clear glue
12-04-2011, 07:03 AM,
RE: airplane trip
I know that Oil Resistant White Glue goes off if it gets cold.
I imagine the same is true of all white glues.
I think you'll be ok with a clear glue though.

Does it say anything on the bottle about storing it at room temperature?

You're right though. Taking liquids in your hand luggage is banned unless they're under a certain size.
Its a problem.
12-04-2011, 07:44 AM,
B.D.-The allowance for liquids is [in Europe] 100mls....you can buy little travel bottles with screw-top covers...simply pour a little into one --you wouldn`t need much at all--even 10mls would be more than enough--and take that with you in a cabin-allowed bag.
12-04-2011, 09:14 AM,
(12-04-2011, 07:44 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: B.D.-The allowance for liquids is [in Europe] 100mls....you can buy little travel bottles with screw-top covers...simply pour a little into one --you wouldn`t need much at all--even 10mls would be more than enough--and take that with you in a cabin-allowed bag.

Clear glue will degrade in the luggage hold. It happened to me. Take Paul's advice.
12-04-2011, 09:19 AM,
thanks guys, i wanted to take some with me as a just in case comes up< i cant imagine the hotel gift shop carries hair glue lol
12-04-2011, 12:04 PM,
(12-04-2011, 09:19 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: thanks guys, i wanted to take some with me as a just in case comes up< i cant imagine the hotel gift shop carries hair glue lol

Depending on what you will be doing, and how much of bond you will need for a short trip, just bring some Got2Be for an emergency.