Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair without product~~~
12-03-2011, 07:37 PM,
Hair without product~~~
So from what I've read, it sounds like most people use product with their system when styling it. Are there any of you out there that don't use product and just let the hair be free? I've never been a gel, hairspray, or any other product user and love the look of just natural flowing hair. plus I'm going to be doing a medium-longish style and would love to be able to head bang at concerts ;D any thoughts?
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM,
RE: Hair without product~~~
Just use a good leave-in conditioner....I`m not a big fan of `products` like gels/waxes/pomades..they can and do build up and you have to shampoo more often...a little Brylcreem `works`for me when I get the notion to use it...otherwise my fave. item is `Enhance`leave-in conditioner...sprayed on/into damp hair and allowed to dry naturally--gives a nice natural look and helps `hold` the hair. I`ve done several posts on it and one actual thread.. just have a look at these older posts etc..`` Enhance `` is refereed-to and links to suppliers in various countries, posted on the threads.. http://www.forum.toplace.com/search.php?...order=desc
12-04-2011, 03:42 AM,
(12-03-2011, 08:38 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Just use a good leave-in conditioner....I`m not a big fan of `products` like gles/waxes/pomades..they can and do build up and you have to shampoo more often...a little Brylcreem `works`for me when I get the notion to use it...otherwise my fave. item is `Enhance`leave-in conditioner...sprayed on/into damp hair and allowed to dry naturally--gives a nice natural look and helps `hold` the hair. I`ve done several posts on it and one actual thread.. just have a look at these older posts etc..`` Enhance `` is refereed-to and links to suppliers in various countries, posted on the threads.. http://www.forum.toplace.com/search.php?...order=desc

The only product that I use besides daily leave in conditioner, is Paul Mitchell Wax Works. I use a small amount, about the size of a pea in damp hands, and use it to help blend my hair into the piece. Like Paul, I am not a fan of sprays or gels. I like my hair to be soft.
12-04-2011, 05:49 AM,
Ok cool. Ya I guess I'm mostly worried about blending the piece if I don't use product because it sounds like most people find it necessary for blending. Is a good blend a daily difficulty?
12-04-2011, 07:17 AM,
This is my first post since having my cut in, I've been meaning to check in with an update but have been too busy.

I wear a front partial and have found that the blending is fine without any gel or wax (with freestyle venting) mine seems to stay up regardless. I did invest in some of that paul mitchell wax and I have to say it's pretty great, I use it on nights out as it holds well. I think it really depends on what style you're going for I've kept mine reasonably long. For me blending isn't an issue, very short hair may be different though.

(12-04-2011, 05:49 AM)Hair Scare Wrote: Ok cool. Ya I guess I'm mostly worried about blending the piece if I don't use product because it sounds like most people find it necessary for blending. Is a good blend a daily difficulty?
12-04-2011, 09:54 AM,
I spray with water in the morning, brush the hair and go!
Never had a problem, even in the wind, in fact during the day i quite often just use my fingers to roughly style the hair etc..
12-04-2011, 05:54 PM,
Tooyoung and LTB, THANK YOU! That is actually really encouraging. Helps a lot of my fears go away. That was one of the bigger things I was worried about. Glad to hear I don't have to put tons of junk in my hair. Because my hair is so thin (as in the individual hairs are thin) gel always makes me look greasy and nasty. Tooyoung, have you posted any pics? I'd love to see them!
12-05-2011, 07:55 AM,
No worries mate.

In regards to the feeling of thin hair, you'll be surprised how much thicker it appears once you've attached your piece. I'm still working out the kinks myself but I can tell you this, even during my cut-in (in a regular hairdressers) no-one could tell I was wearing... just a dude getting trimmed!

I'll get some photos up soon, haven't got a way of uploading photos from my phone atm so will probably wait until I'm tagged on facebook Smile

(12-04-2011, 05:54 PM)Hair Scare Wrote: Tooyoung and LTB, THANK YOU! That is actually really encouraging. Helps a lot of my fears go away. That was one of the bigger things I was worried about. Glad to hear I don't have to put tons of junk in my hair. Because my hair is so thin (as in the individual hairs are thin) gel always makes me look greasy and nasty. Tooyoung, have you posted any pics? I'd love to see them!
12-05-2011, 06:18 PM,
Sweet! I'm really excited to get my piece!!! I wish it would come sooner! This waiting game is killing me! Haha, I'm just letting my hair grow while I'm waiting so I can cut it down to the style I want. So pretty much I've been wearing hats constantly. I look forward to seeing your pics!

And Paul, thanks for the tips for leave in conditioners. It actually leads me to one of my next questions I'll probably post on the forum.
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM,
Hi Paul in Ireland - I'm in Ireland too - where can I get the enhance leave in conditioner?

Best Wishes

Deano59