Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment!
12-03-2011, 09:00 PM,
RE: Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment!
You won`t `screw up`..... as Hersute said, just take it step by step..take your time. You won`t `break`your system either...it`s not THAT delicate. Can`t remember now --did that lady do an all-over bond initially? It can be a pain ..just takes a lot more time to `undo` it ,that`s all, and a bigger scalp clean-up too....just start at the front, part the hair in one spot with you fingers,spray lace-release on --put the nozzle close to the hair `roots` and spray..move along the perimeter and then over the rest of the system [ only if it`s bonded all across your scalp- no point wasting product on an area which has no tape/glue under it !] Allow it a minute or so to soak through and break the hold...give a gentle tug on the hair and you`ll feel it [system] coming away/off the bond....if it`s still `tight`anywhere don`t `Force`it ...just use more spray until it comes off easily . You`ll find most of the underlying adhesive material will be on the scalp providing you allowed the lace-release to fully break the bond...any bit of residue on the lace can be sprayed with glue-melter [Walker] and wiped off, either on a [flat] glass surface like a mirror on a bathroom wall, or use a piece of bubble-wrap.Spray melter [that Walker adhesive remover] onto the residue/tapes on the scalp--keep it out of your eyes. You may have to lift a tape corner/edge with a finger to get a `start`on it..spray melter in under it to help free it ..... you can clean your scalp with kitchen-towel and then shampoo/clean your head as normal in the shower. Run a sink full of lukewarm/cool water and mix in a desertspoon -size amount of shampoo..mix it well in the water....simply sit your system into it and allow to soak for 2 or 3 mins...then `dunk`it in and out a few times...empty your sink and rinse the system under running water..just allow it to flow through the underside/base and down the hairs to the tips....don`t knead/rub the hairs....you can then gently squeeze off the excess water and apply conditioner, allow to `work`then rinse off as with the shampoo....blot your hair dry with a clean towel. Brush it when it`s fairly dry....you can then use a leave-in conditioner at that point if you`re using one [I`d advise it....Enhance is my favoured one] Only re-bond when the lace is fully dry and sit in a cool room to prevent your scalp from sweating or it will prevent a good bond.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment! - Paul In Ireland - 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM