Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment!
12-03-2011, 03:31 PM,
Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment!
Im worried i wont get it right and what exactly i need to do.. or if i will break the piece. Im also afraid it will be so hard that i wont be able to continue wearing because of the difficulty.
I hate to sound like a baby here. Especially after all the help ive been given.
Can someone help me out? tell me what to do step by step or removal cleanup and reattatchment? Or how you guys do it? Paul? help lol. I need encouragement Sad supplies have are
lace release
walker adhesive remover
super tape tabs
proflex blue tabs
pro touch no sweat
ultra hold
davlyn green
adjust a bond
and hydration shampoo

im worried i will screw up and Il have to walk around with a half shaved head for a few days.
Ive never really seen my self with a shaved head properly besides whne i got my cut in
12-03-2011, 03:54 PM,
RE: Im afraid to do my first debond and reattatchment!
You asked a load of questions covering all aspects, in the weeks leading up to your hair arriving.

What did you learn?

You're taking it off, cleaning it and putting it back on again.
Think about it step by step.
Take your time.
Be logical & gentle.

If you get stuck on a certain aspect, use the search on this site and you'll find hundreds of answers.
If you want to go back & check some of the questions you posted, here is a link.
There's 7 pages of them:
http://forum.toplace.com/search.php?acti...order=desc

Don't get yourself in a panic. Thousands of guys reattach every day, all over the world.

Good luck!
12-03-2011, 09:00 PM,
You won`t `screw up`..... as Hersute said, just take it step by step..take your time. You won`t `break`your system either...it`s not THAT delicate. Can`t remember now --did that lady do an all-over bond initially? It can be a pain ..just takes a lot more time to `undo` it ,that`s all, and a bigger scalp clean-up too....just start at the front, part the hair in one spot with you fingers,spray lace-release on --put the nozzle close to the hair `roots` and spray..move along the perimeter and then over the rest of the system [ only if it`s bonded all across your scalp- no point wasting product on an area which has no tape/glue under it !] Allow it a minute or so to soak through and break the hold...give a gentle tug on the hair and you`ll feel it [system] coming away/off the bond....if it`s still `tight`anywhere don`t `Force`it ...just use more spray until it comes off easily . You`ll find most of the underlying adhesive material will be on the scalp providing you allowed the lace-release to fully break the bond...any bit of residue on the lace can be sprayed with glue-melter [Walker] and wiped off, either on a [flat] glass surface like a mirror on a bathroom wall, or use a piece of bubble-wrap.Spray melter [that Walker adhesive remover] onto the residue/tapes on the scalp--keep it out of your eyes. You may have to lift a tape corner/edge with a finger to get a `start`on it..spray melter in under it to help free it ..... you can clean your scalp with kitchen-towel and then shampoo/clean your head as normal in the shower. Run a sink full of lukewarm/cool water and mix in a desertspoon -size amount of shampoo..mix it well in the water....simply sit your system into it and allow to soak for 2 or 3 mins...then `dunk`it in and out a few times...empty your sink and rinse the system under running water..just allow it to flow through the underside/base and down the hairs to the tips....don`t knead/rub the hairs....you can then gently squeeze off the excess water and apply conditioner, allow to `work`then rinse off as with the shampoo....blot your hair dry with a clean towel. Brush it when it`s fairly dry....you can then use a leave-in conditioner at that point if you`re using one [I`d advise it....Enhance is my favoured one] Only re-bond when the lace is fully dry and sit in a cool room to prevent your scalp from sweating or it will prevent a good bond.
12-04-2011, 10:50 AM,
Thanks paul and hersute. really appreciate your help
12-12-2011, 05:08 PM,
(12-04-2011, 10:50 AM)elvis Wrote: Thanks paul and hersute. really appreciate your help

So how did your debond go?
12-12-2011, 07:58 PM,
I don't think you can say you won't screw up I think for the first few times you most likely will . Just have to learn from your mistakes . It's where you learn to get it just right then you get into a routine .
12-13-2011, 02:21 AM,
I absolutely made mistakes de/re in the beginning, but you will also suprise yourself after being fairly worked up over this at how easy it actually is.. But mistakes will most likely be made here and there. One of the most important things to me in the beginning is to not do this when you are in a rush, make sure you have a good ammount of time, not before you have to rush out and meet someone for lunch Smile
12-13-2011, 02:45 AM,
(12-13-2011, 02:21 AM)beersnob76 Wrote: I absolutely made mistakes de/re in the beginning, but you will also suprise yourself after being fairly worked up over this at how easy it actually is.. But mistakes will most likely be made here and there. One of the most important things to me in the beginning is to not do this when you are in a rush, make sure you have a good ammount of time, not before you have to rush out and meet someone for lunch Smile

One thing I would add is, just make sure it is on straight, and go for a comb down style in the beginning, so you don't have to worry about your hairline. One other note is, spray adjust abond or alcohol on your scalp, or the tape right before you attach. This will give you about a minute to move and adjust the piece if need be, before the adhesive grabs your scalp. It gets easier, after 4 or 5 attachments, you will be a pro. It is just a matter of getting a routine down.
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM,
hey winstonage and paul and everyone.. thanks.. I actually went to my stylist and instead of have her do the service i did it myself with her guidance. i thought that would be the best way to learn. I show hairline too. i know its not reccomended as a beginner but im doing pretty well. My hairline would look awesome if i atleast got bleached knots by the hairline. my system literally came with all knots unbleached. but its ok.. we tried bleaching the knots.. but hair started to fall out. lucky we did a patch test. anyway.. on my first bond i did pretty well. its a lot easier than it looks. i attached the hairline well. just the back i didnt get the best coverage.. but it was marginal. Im going to see her for my next de/re. and from then on out i will be doing on my own. its also less time consuming than i thought. BTW.. winstonage.. i get confused.. see at the salon i was using 99% alcohol. what would i use instead of the 99% alcohol? adjust a bond? lace release? or do i just have to go out and buy 99% alcohol?
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM,
Glad it went well...told you it would ! In relation to these alcohols.... all of these glue/tape alcohols are quite simple.. lace-release [a grade of alcohol] to free the lace from the head, then Glue-melter [again, an alcohol] to liquify the residue on the scalp and on the lace [if there`s any on it ] Residue /s can be stubborn, so a citrus-based glue solvent , such as C-22 or De-solv-it makes light work of it........when doing your re-attachment,` Adjust a bond`can be used and is simply a different grade of alcohol which keeps the glue/tape `tacky` for a while [minute or two] longer than normal, [without actually damaging/breaking down the adhesive material] if sprayed on, before completely sticking to the lace thus `buying`you some time while you adjust the position of the system on the head during your re-bond.....as it evaporates off, the glue/tape then behaves normally.