Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the perfect hairline!
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM,
Question about the perfect hairline!
I've started wearing my very small hairline piece today, sounds silly but after I've style my hair you really cant see much of it this is because I use it more like hair extentions to thicken existing hair.

Obviously this isnt the perfect solution but the advatages have been, easier to style, less time in front of the mirror, alot less toppik.

The question I have is when I stuck the piece on my hairline it didnt loom particularly natural, it looked that the hair was glued down, picstures I've seen elsewhere look like hair naturally growing from the head, I was wondering how is this accomplished.

I should point out I brush my hair down and dont expose the hairline so its not that important but I'm just curious.

I use SFS and blue tape. But I ordered light density which I assume as it shows more lace would make things harder to make perfect. Is glue better than tape (I use tape).

Any hints and tips appreciated.
11-29-2011, 06:05 AM,
RE: Question about the perfect hairline!
ive heard that glue looks a hell of a lot more natural than tape. can someone explain the differences? I think the lace is also more visible with tape. maybe someone can confirm this. Is it difficult to make lace disappear on tape?
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM,
3 Mil Lace Front Low Shine.In my opinion this is the only tape you can use with exposet front line
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/

(11-29-2011, 12:16 AM)standbyme Wrote: I've started wearing my very small hairline piece today, sounds silly but after I've style my hair you really cant see much of it this is because I use it more like hair extentions to thicken existing hair.

Obviously this isnt the perfect solution but the advatages have been, easier to style, less time in front of the mirror, alot less toppik.

The question I have is when I stuck the piece on my hairline it didnt loom particularly natural, it looked that the hair was glued down, picstures I've seen elsewhere look like hair naturally growing from the head, I was wondering how is this accomplished.

I should point out I brush my hair down and dont expose the hairline so its not that important but I'm just curious.

I use SFS and blue tape. But I ordered light density which I assume as it shows more lace would make things harder to make perfect. Is glue better than tape (I use tape).

11-29-2011, 09:21 AM,
i use this http://www.wigsplace.com/supertape-lp-aa.html
11-29-2011, 11:46 AM,
is supertape waterproof? anyone got feedback on supertape?
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM,
(11-29-2011, 12:16 AM)standbyme Wrote: I've started wearing my very small hairline piece today, sounds silly but after I've style my hair you really cant see much of it this is because I use it more like hair extentions to thicken existing hair.

The prevailing wisdom is that glue is better than tape for undetectable hairlines. Those pics you see of great hairlines are the product of a few variables coming together properly: very fine lace, a piece which fits the contour/curvature of the scalp correctly (no wrinkles or buckling), properly bleached knots, good graduated density in the manufacturing, and some skill and experience bonding - usually w/ glue, in the right amount.

Tapes are often thicker than the couple of thin layers of glue used for a good hairline ... so glue lets the lace be more "in the same plane" as your scalp. Just the right amount of glue, mostly dry, lets the lace actually sink into it, creating that illusion of seamlessness w/ the scalp. With tape, the lace is just sitting on top of it. Blue liner is known for a very strong bond, but is not necessarily the most undetectable. The "shine" of tapes is one of the problems at the hairline, and elsewhere w/ lighter densities (though some glues, like ultra hold, can be a bit shiny too). So there are more matte tapes, like Walker No Shine to combat this problem.

Fante also mentioned 3mil tape ... a very thin tape that tries to be "the best of both worlds" ... the ease of tape, w/ the undetectability of glue. It is very much like a couple of layers of mostly dry glue against a tape backing. It can be very fiddly to work with, though.

Hope this helps,
FB
11-30-2011, 12:13 AM,
thanks peeps, might try that other tape.
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM,
It sounds like you have some stray hairs stuck in the adhesive. Have you tried using a little alcohol on a q-tip to get them to stand up?
12-03-2011, 03:59 AM,
might try that, might have just pressed the piece too hard into the tape.