Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instructions for shampooing/conditioning?
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM,
Instructions for shampooing/conditioning?
I think I'm going to shampoo my hairpiece for the first time soon. I picked up some of that L'Oreal shampoo and also the conditioner that Snipe recommended a few weeks ago. My four questions before doing this are:

1) How do you apply shampoo on a hairpiece?

2) How do you apply conditioner on a hairpiece?

3) How do you rinse?

4) How often do you use shampoo and conditioner? (I've read everywhere from daily to once every 3 weeks.)
12-03-2011, 09:42 PM,
RE: Instructions for shampooing/conditioning?
These clips may help.... I don`t apply shampoo directy to the hair--just mix it into the water in the sink..other guys apply directly..a matter of choice...conditioner..I do apply it directly to the damp hair....just a big dollop onto my palm, and I just spread it onto the hair[in the empty sink] and gently work it onto/through the hair all over, from the base to the tips, with my fingers.....I leave it sit for ten mins. then rinse under running water [NOT hot water ever]... the more styling -products you use, the more frequent you`ll end up shampooing etc.... have a look at some of these clips as you may get some tips..
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu....0.2.3l6l0
12-04-2011, 03:38 AM,
(12-03-2011, 09:42 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: These clips may help.... I don`t apply shampoo directy to the hair--just mix it into the water in the sink..other guys apply directly..a matter of choice...conditioner..I do apply it directly to the damp hair....just a big dollop onto my palm, and I just spread it onto the hair[in the empty sink] and gently work it onto/through the hair all over, from the base to the tips, with my fingers.....I leave it sit for ten mins. then rinse under running water [NOT hot water ever]... the more styling -products you use, the more frequent you`ll end up shampooing etc.... have a look at some of these clips as you may get some tips..
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu....0.2.3l6l0

Remember when you rinse shampoo and conditioner, do it lace side up, and easy water pressure.
12-04-2011, 04:09 AM,
Can you shampoo and condition the piece while wearing in the shower or is it better to do in sink?
12-04-2011, 04:41 AM,
If you do it while attached, you`ll be applying shampoo neat onto the hair....I do it in the sink in order to [a] sit the system into diluted shampoo and [b] to get a good 10-15 minute `conditioning`--you can`t really stand in the shower that long while conditioner `works` and [c] there is a risk of hair getting tangled etc. if doing those treatment in the shower under a jet of water.... I prefer the sink method as I can `nurse` the system.... it`s up to yourself really, but product can lodge around the bonded part under the lace, and may not be fully rinsed off in the shower...can lead to issues like irritation/bond weakening etc..... just my way ...other guys do their cleaning in the shower ... ..I used to when I had all-poly systems but I got tangling issues, so changed to the sink routine with lace systems. Cheers.