Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all ultra hold users
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM,
calling all ultra hold users
I just got my first bottle of UH. Does anyone have any tips on how to best use it? How to get the most out of it, How to make application most easy etc?
I also got davlyn green. I wouldnt mind feedback on that either Smile
12-02-2011, 03:01 AM,
RE: calling all ultra hold users
i started out with uh and i hated it , it was too stringy made too much mess, i was lucky to find a product called salon pro extreme hold, its
$9 a bottle and holds more then a week, it probaly would hold longer but i like to detach every sunday night so im fresh for the week
12-02-2011, 07:19 AM,
where can i get that db?
12-02-2011, 07:54 AM,
i bought mine out of a ladies beauty store here in the US, they might have it online, just google salon pro extreme hold., ive used many different things and so far its the best in my opinion that ive came across
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM,
thanks, heres a link. is this the same one?

http://www.amazon.com/Salon-Lace-Extreme...B00252ZJ1G

so its not stringy like UH?
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM,
thats it< there is some slight string < but nowheres near as bad as uh, i open it up and let the air hit it for a couple minutes before i apply
12-04-2011, 05:22 AM,
It says that I am a newbie, but that is just newbie talk. I purchased my first unit from Toplace 6 years ago and I am still here. Most of you know me as Zappa. I have used ultra hold for years. It works great I get a good 2 week hold. I started using Debbie's tapes for perimeter and ÚH for the front about 2 years ago. It is a good combination. The glue is not that stringy if it is fresh. You also are better off to use less than you think you should. I have never used an entire small bottle. When it starts to go yellow & get thick, it is time for a new bottle. Also, if I remove in 10 days to 2 weeks the clean-up is very easy. If I try to get an extra week(3) which I can, it becomes a mess to clean up. Not impossible ..just takes longer. I apply UH with a toothpick. Dip the toothpick into the UH and spread that little drop in the area that you need. for a typical front, you will dip about 4 times. You can use a big glob but that is when it is stringy and too thick. Be patient and take your time. This might take an extra minute or two up front, but it is worth it. Spread it as thin as you can and wait about 10 minutes to press the lace into the glue. Put a little water on your finger and press it in. The water will keep your finger from sticking and it will not break down the glue. As I say this is the best glue that I have used for a two week very water resistant hold.
12-04-2011, 10:53 AM,
Thanks ricky! you made me feel better about my purchase lol