Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front partial question
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM,
Front partial question
Hi all!

I did some research, but could not locate the answers to my questions. I would be happy to hear your oppinions or experiences.

I have hairline and temple recession, but I am using minoxidil and it thickened up the hair in the front, so I wouldn't like to shave my front part and continue using minoxidil there.

I would go with 2 "triangles", but I want to lower my hairline for a half cm or a cm too.

my questions :

- does minoxidil (or any other component of the solution(propylen glycol, alcohol,..)) interfere with the glue or losen it?

- since I would like to bring my hairline down a bit, the middle part would be just a cm wide. How are things with attaching souch a small piece. Is it not as safe as would a bigger piece be? can it lift up easier on the thin part?..?

Thank you for your answers in advance
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM,
RE: Front partial question
1/2 to 1cm wide? I've never heard of such a small hairpiece. In my opinion that would be impossible get away with unless the length of hair was really long....& even then I think the benefits would be outweighed by the inability to style/disguise such a small/fiddly strip of lace & hair. See what other members may say. Regards
11-22-2011, 12:57 PM,
Someone said a half inch is about the minimum width.

99% alcohol is used as a lace release, and minoxidil is about 30% alcohol. Since you're not applying it to the system hair I'm guessing you'd be ok. As long as you're not using several ml's.
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM,
Thank you for the replys.

I measured it now and it is 1cm just on the center, elsewhere it is 2 or 3 cm. I will give it a try anyway(since I realised today about the tickening when I was making my template and think i don't need a piece that quick so I can try few things before i settle). Will let you know how it goes
11-24-2011, 05:52 PM,
Hey man,

I'm only 21 years old, slightly receded hair line and have been using a partial piece at the front for over 6 months now, I've posted various pic etc on here before.

Don't let anyone tell you you can't wear a piece as small as 1cm, my pieces are the exact same as you described with the triangle sides held by a line in the middle to bring you hair line forward and the angles will fill in the receding temple points.

The trick I used was advice from Paul, when he suggested ordering a stock unit and cutting the piece using my template as a guide against the lace. It's surprisingly so much easier than you think. I was a complete newbie and amateur when I managed it so I'm sure you can! Smile

The plus side is after maybe a few weeks to a month because Im quite hard on the system Id'd cut a few new pieces, sometimes slightly different lengths depending what style I was to go for, so one stock unit has lasted me 6 months so far! Complete value!

As long as the colour matches your hair and you have plenty of hair to blend into the piece noone will ever ever know. Noone has a clue about me Tongue

Also I use tape I buy from ebay and it's mega strong, don't worry about thinking if it will fall off, I generally have a greasy, oily scalp and the tape lasts so well I play gigs with my band all the time, jump around sweating, I play sports, hit the gym. Nothing stops me Wink

Good luck

Leondon90
11-25-2011, 03:56 AM,
Wow, very encouraging. I am 22 Smile, but my hairline looks a bit crapier than yours. Also my hair is medium-dark brown, with a specific gold-reddish shine, so I don't think a stock piece would be a good match. Also what do you guys think I can expect if I send a hair sample? Assuming the "difficult" color would make it hard to match my own hair?
11-25-2011, 04:29 AM,
Stocks come in a medium density sopo.... John might have a lighter brown which MAY work for you.... colour 1b is a very dark brown,[and available on stocks] one step up from black, but the fact that you have slightly reddish hairs scattered in your growing hair might be tricky to work with....... if you go custom, they`ll be able to do a better match both from your hair sample and if possible send in a few really sharply-focussed pics [ under good natural light] and it will also help.....would you consider using a bit of colouring product on your own to tone down the reddish hue? That way you could easily get away with getting a stock and cutting it to suit..would be faster anyway. Just a thought......
11-25-2011, 07:50 AM,
oh, I will consider sending pictures too. I wouldn't like to colour my own hair. It is really a beautiful colour and unique, my gf always said it's so beautiful and that it can't be achieved with colouring products, because how it specifficaly shines different tones under different lightnings,... I think that the red is not really a problem.. it's more golden... hard to explain, I should take a picture.that's why I am doubtful about the colour match.
I have to decide yet... styling products get rid of this shine, so I might try a stock piece... but then I wouldn't be free (swim, and not care much about the blending... actually I would like to be seen without my hair done... like I just woke up or just got out of the shower and the hair air-dried without products.. and at the other days styled with products,...).

I guess I will have to try out a few stocks and customs to get the desired results... I just hope minoxidil doesn't stop working meanwhile, when the hair color on top will not mather anymore Big Grin
11-30-2011, 11:32 AM,
Hi Sopo,

I haven't got time to give my full story etc right now, but I'm a similar age and have been wearing two frontal triangle pieces that a few people on various forums said "wouldn't be worth doing" or would be too fiddly...trust me, it's not and as long as you get the colour right its undetectable. You'll be amazed how two small bits add up to make a huge difference.

Good luck, and I'll post back when I get the time.