Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone tried this as an ahesive?
11-29-2011, 06:28 AM,
anyone tried this as an ahesive?
someone on another forum SWEARS by this. They say its not bad like a hard bond because its a different formual. Its like dermabond. You dont have to make a track but u do have to use acetone to release.

http://www.amazon.com/Meridian-Surgi-Loc...B001M5ET22

anyone tried this?
11-29-2011, 07:08 AM,
RE: anyone tried this as an ahesive?
It's just cyanoarcrylate like an other hard bond which is just super glue or crazy glue. It's a hard bond. I have used cyanoarcrylate on my lace pieces before and at first I loved it because you get a nice tight dry no sticky bond that is waterproof. But it builds up on the lace and you have to soak it in acetone for about 30 minutes or more to get it off and that kills the lace and hair after a while. Also if you get hairline lift you can't press it back down becuase it's not tacky at all. You have to get home and sort it out with acetone and more glue. It gives an EPIC hold though! Like rip your scalp off kind of hold, which I loved!
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM,
would you keep using it? how long do you think a lace system would last on average if i was doing bonds this way? think i could get 2 good months?
11-30-2011, 03:35 AM,
I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe for the perimeter but not the hairline. Acetone is harsh stuff to soak the lace in. It goes hard quickly. I sure do love the idea of a hard bond that could be released and removed from the lace without having to soak in acetone for a long time. One downside is the lace is more visible on light density units if you hard bond the hairline because there's no tacky layer of soft gue to sink into and hide the mesh pattern.
11-30-2011, 07:39 AM,
Its just plain old Ca (super glue) marketed for dogs