Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TopLace Hair very noticable?
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM,
Re: TopLace Hair very noticable?
There will always be certain days of wearing a piece when it isnt ''exactly" perfect, and in certain angles, lighting etc you may see some lace, glue or whatever. Its a fact, full stop. cant be avoided 100 % of the time, no matter what.

If your gonna examine pics on high res to see lace or whatever, its pretty paranoid behaviour and I personally dont think that kind of person will be happy in the long term of wearing a piece.

Good luck.

Sam
08-30-2009, 01:17 AM,
sester..you said that "and in certain angles, lighting etc you may see some lace, glue or whatever"...
do you mean at the front or at the top and the side as well...?
thanx
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM,
In my experience its usually at the front hairline. Its not really a big deal as most of the time we know where to look so its obvious to us sometimes. My point is, if anyone expects to be able to wear a hairpiece and have it perfect 100 % of the time with no lace lifting or whatever, its impossible. Looking at pics on high res is a total waste of time,

keep it real. The experienced wearers know its a waste of time, and it proves nothing.

Sam
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM,
I like the idea of keeping it real, but I also like the idea that it's possible to nail this process so it's basically 100%.

I'd be curious to see how BA might respond to your last post, Sester. BA, what's your position on this? Last time you were asked something like this, you were quite adamant that these sorts of pieces can be worn with 100% undetectability.
08-30-2009, 07:12 PM,
Mathew,

Is it possible to have it looking 100% at times? yes it is. Im saying its not possible to have it looking 100%, 100% of t he time. That doesnt necessarily mean it will be looking crap the rest of the time, on the contrary, it could still look great and largely undetectable. But being perfect 100% of the time? Impossible.

IMHO the key to being a happy long term wearer is to be flexible and adaptable. Certainly try to make it look as good as possible as much as possible. But keeping it real, taking high res pics for general looks is one thing, but when those pics are analysed in the frame of mind as do or die in terms of quality of hair pieces, its a total waste of time. You can have an absolutele perfect attachment, density, shape, whatever, then the next morning whne u wake up, the variables may differ slightly, depending on various factors.

Toplace certainly sell outstanding quality hairpieces for reasonable prices.

They sell a wig, not a miracle.

Sam
08-31-2009, 03:56 AM,
Matthew,
Even people that have all their own hair also have the proverbial 'bad hair day.'
Regards,
John
08-31-2009, 04:48 AM,
Ha, well, there's one thing if the hair looks weird or funny. It's another thing if there's visible lace netting or a lifted base. That's not normal for "normal" people.

I get a lot of different answers from a lot of different people on how often they have issues with their bases. Everything from NEVER, to EVERY DAY.

I suppose the reason is, that on one end of the spectrum, there are people trying to sell these things, and on the other end, there are people struggling with their pieces, and therefore executing their biases in a public forum.

Oh, Internet. How fun art thou.
08-31-2009, 06:07 AM,
matthewmatthews Wrote:Ha, well, there's one thing if the hair looks weird or funny. It's another thing if there's visible lace netting or a lifted base. That's not normal for "normal" people.

I get a lot of different answers from a lot of different people on how often they have issues with their bases. Everything from NEVER, to EVERY DAY.

I suppose the reason is, that on one end of the spectrum, there are people trying to sell these things, and on the other end, there are people struggling with their pieces, and therefore executing their biases in a public forum.

You have got to understand that NO ONE looks at your hair. I have been wearing for over 20 years and I have never had another say much other than "oh, you got a hair cut, nice"...
You can't see lifted lace unless half the unit is unattached and it blows back over your head or something similar. A little lifted lace on the front is totally unnoticeable to anyone. No one (other than a few really hung out hair wearers {and there are a couple here Wink }) is going to notice anything short of you being totally bald one day and then the next day having hair down to your a$$.
I've had units much lighter, much darker, much more gray, no gray, compared to my normal side hair and no one notices. You can tell if someone is looking at your hair.
Simple as no one cares.
Do you go around watching how people walk in the hopes that you can spot someone with an artificial leg ? NO, of course not, however you can bet your booty that when people who have lost a leg, first start wearing they are worried, well some anyway. The together people realize that no one (other than close friends, family, etc) is watching them. Same way with hair.
Do you look at everyone's eyes that you pass on the street to see if maybe they don't move the same and one may be an artificial eye ? Same with hair.

No one is going to notice a little lace lifted or showing on the top when once when the moon aligns with Jupiter and the house is in the setting moon, that it may be a little visible for a second or two.

You have got to realize that the only people that look at other peoples hair are a very few that wear. No one else does.

If you are going to fret over a single hair being out of place or waking up with "bed hair" (even though everyone who doesn't wear wakes up with "bed head", then wearing is not for you.

Smile
Fred
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM,
matthewmatthews Wrote:I like the idea of keeping it real, but I also like the idea that it's possible to nail this process so it's basically 100%.

I'd be curious to see how BA might respond to your last post, Sester. BA, what's your position on this? Last time you were asked something like this, you were quite adamant that these sorts of pieces can be worn with 100% undetectability.

Heres the thing mate, Can you get them looking 100% ? Yes, And how you do it is spend a little time applying it correctly checking that nothing untoward can be seen, Then off you go and its looking 100%

But and heres what you have to remember it wont stay like that, Yes you can go out and get amongst it and not a soul will notice anything, But in time the lace will start to lift and the glue start to lose its holding power, So now we have gone from 100% to not 100% so you have to go and do a touch up or a clean and re-apply (This will depend on when you address the problem) to get it back to 100% .

Now has for not being a good canditate for wearing a piece that is true and I dont advise people to wear if it is going to be constantly in their thought pattern, That way the hair is wearing them and not them wearing the hair and thats not a healthy
thing to do, You cannot be happy wearing hair if you are constantly worrying about or you hate and detest doing some clean up and reattaching or you are paranoid and think everyone is looking at you when in fact they are not.

The only way to know for 100% sure is I suppose is get one and try it.
This form of hair replacement is a option and works very well if you put in a little effort,But like Sam said its not a miracle cure and it certainly doesnt address any other underlying issues if there are any.

Me personally I bang the piece on and attach it properly, Style it and off I go on my merry way and dont give it a thought apart from I will look in the mirror when washing my hands in the toilet but thats it for me, And its a simply as this for me, I look a lot better with hair than I do with a slaphead, That is a factamundo !
08-31-2009, 03:37 PM,
FredTJ Wrote:
matthewmatthews Wrote:Ha, well, there's one thing if the hair looks weird or funny. It's another thing if there's visible lace netting or a lifted base. That's not normal for "normal" people.

You have got to understand that NO ONE looks at your hair. I have been wearing for over 20 years and I have never had another say much other than "oh, you got a hair cut, nice"...
You can't see lifted lace unless half the unit is unattached and it blows back over your head or something similar. A little lifted lace on the front is totally unnoticeable to anyone. No one (other than a few really hung out hair wearers {and there are a couple here Wink }) is going to notice anything short of you being totally bald one day and then the next day having hair down to your a$$.
I've had units much lighter, much darker, much more gray, no gray, compared to my normal side hair and no one notices. You can tell if someone is looking at your hair.
Simple as no one cares.
Do you go around watching how people walk in the hopes that you can spot someone with an artificial leg ? NO, of course not, however you can bet your booty that when people who have lost a leg, first start wearing they are worried, well some anyway. The together people realize that no one (other than close friends, family, etc) is watching them. Same way with hair.
Do you look at everyone's eyes that you pass on the street to see if maybe they don't move the same and one may be an artificial eye ? Same with hair.

No one is going to notice a little lace lifted or showing on the top when once when the moon aligns with Jupiter and the house is in the setting moon, that it may be a little visible for a second or two.

You have got to realize that the only people that look at other peoples hair are a very few that wear. No one else does.

If you are going to fret over a single hair being out of place or waking up with "bed hair" (even though everyone who doesn't wear wakes up with "bed head", then wearing is not for you.

Smile
Fred
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

That post should be a sticky.....

People just don't notice. I have seen bad units from 100 feet away and people around me are like.."No way"

When you walk with a limp you notice how other people walk.........