Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple questions about freestyle
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM,
Couple questions about freestyle
I've been looking over the forum for the past few weeks and finally decided on going with a free style piece. I plan on using a combed forward style so i wont be exposing my hairline. I work in a factory so I have to wear a hard hat every day so I would need a piece that would let my scalp breathe alittle. Would super fine swiss be the way to go? Also, anything I should specify on the template before I send it in? Such as ventialtion? Really wanna make sure I get everything right since this will be my first hair piece.
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM,
RE: Couple questions about freestyle
You might be better off with French Lace. It is more durable than Swiss, and if you are going with a comb forward style, and won't be showing your hairline, you don't need the Swiss. If you are wearing a hard hat all day, you should have a durable lace.
11-28-2011, 05:35 PM,
I agree with winstonage. I wear French lace and comb forward with freestyle ventilation. If this is your first piece, I would not start out with Swiss lace.
11-28-2011, 08:06 PM,
Agree with the guys`advice..... `Ventilation` refers to the way/direction hairs are attached/tied etc. into a base-material [Poly or lace] Freestyle is a particular `Ventilation` and is just that --``Free`` ..the hairs are tied in so that they don`t lie in any particular direction on a lace system...allows you to `play`with the style a bit more than you can with systems which have a particular/specific `Ventilation`style ..... go with French lace due to it`s durability...it will withstand a hard-hat far better than Swiss.
11-28-2011, 09:48 PM,
(11-28-2011, 03:23 PM)Alan20 Wrote: I've been looking over the forum for the past few weeks and finally decided on going with a free style piece. I plan on using a combed forward style so i wont be exposing my hairline. I work in a factory so I have to wear a hard hat every day so I would need a piece that would let my scalp breathe alittle. Would super fine swiss be the way to go? Also, anything I should specify on the template before I send it in? Such as ventialtion? Really wanna make sure I get everything right since this will be my first hair piece.

Agreed on above posters' advice ... I would only add that it seemed in your question that you might have been asking about Swiss vs. French in terms of breathability ... there is no significant difference between the two in this regard.

FB
11-29-2011, 07:09 PM,
Thanks guys. Sounds like French Lace is the way to go. Is there a certain range of densitys to pick from? I was thinking of going for around 75-80%. Im 27 and still have good density on the sides and back of my head.
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM,
Hi Alan20..... 80% would be very dense really....obviously it might be ok depending on how good/strong your sides are...could you post a pic ? You`ll get some feedback from others if they can see your remaining hair--just blank out the face part for your privacy... Paul.
12-01-2011, 08:01 AM,
Been growing it out the last few years to do my best to cover up the hair loss but in another few months its gonna be obvious no matter how much I try to cover it up. Dont want my hair to be that long when i get the piece though.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-01-2011, 10:18 AM,
That must be a nightmare to keep styled on a windy day! Yeah you`ll need a higher density than medium..but not too high. I think around 75% would be ok.... John will help you with the final choice.... I think freestyle will work too...are you intending to wear the hair as you have it in pic 2 there ? If so, it won`t need much of a cut-in really as the hair is long..all systems come with a standard 6-inch hair length [ unless you specify less] That tyle would be easy to work-with. Get your template made and `follow`your original hair line at the front....if you frown/crease your forehead, you`ll see the scalp skin stays as is..the forehead skin `moves`...just mark that point and then follow around to the temples......template-making tutorial, courtesy of Snipe here: http://s768.photobucket.com/albums/xx325...ideshow%3E just hover the mouse/cursor over the images for instructions...... Paul.
12-02-2011, 08:20 AM,
Yeah its a pain. Been wearing a hat whenever I go out the last few months so I don't have to worry about it. I would like a little shorter style where I can just comb the hair forward instead of over to the side like I've been doing for awhile now. Should I send a pic of my hair now when I send in the template even if thats not exactly what im looking for? Been trying to find a pic of what im kinda goin for but haven't really found one yet.