Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Solvent
11-23-2011, 12:02 PM,
Best Solvent
Hey Guys,

So I'm using ORWG and I've found it's the best glue available (which perhaps isn't saying much but still...)

However, clean up is a bit of a nightmare still. I've tried Debbie's Lace Release and pure isopropanol, both of which don't totally dissolve the glue and leave bits stuck in remaining hairs behind or around the piece.

Anyone know of an amazing orwg solvent?

Thanks!
Mike
11-23-2011, 12:48 PM,
RE: Best Solvent
I use AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover. (see http://www.autoglym.com)
Dissolves ANY adhesive.
I use a micofibre cloth which lifts off all residue.

PS. I also use ORWG.
11-23-2011, 07:44 PM,
or any of the citrus-based ones are v. good too--- I posted some links on the other thread there about scalp clean up.
11-24-2011, 11:54 AM,
(11-23-2011, 12:48 PM)Hersute Wrote: I use AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover. (see http://www.autoglym.com)

Really?! Are you just kidding? That's for taking tar off car paintwork! Is it safe to use on lacw and hair?
11-24-2011, 10:38 PM,
I've been using it for about 5 years now.
It works for me!
A lot of people use Desolve-it, which apparently you can buy in hardware stores.
11-25-2011, 04:18 AM,
I use goo-b-gone gel formula....works great. I remove with system with 90% alcohol and mirror slide it, then put the system in a bowl, with the edges down in the bowl and the center poking upward and then pour about half a bottle of the goo-b-gone gel into it and let it sit for about 20 minutes while i clean the glue off my head and shave it. then i squeeze the goo-b-gone out and wash it with shampoo. roll it in a towel to dry then give it a final mirror slide to get all extra residue. This is when all the bits of glue come out of the holes. Gets it clean as new. Then re-attach. Total time 30 minutes.
11-25-2011, 05:46 AM,
De-Solvit followed by 91% alcohol. I have tried most of the others - this works best.
11-26-2011, 11:14 AM,
Alcohol based products only soften adhesive- they don't remove it. Just about any skin safe adhesive remover will do the trick.
11-26-2011, 10:50 PM,
There is a world of difference between 91% alcohol (readily available) and 99% alcohol which is harder to find but way more effective.

True the glue gets softened and the best way to remove it is with a microfibre cloth as it lifts the softened glue away from any surface.